Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Screen of Death
Well, Guys i need help on how to solve this BSOD problem. After i updated my Windows XP, the computer asked me to restart the computer for it to work, which i did. But when it went to the Windows Logo loading screen a blue screen came up for just half a second and restarted again. I did search some possible solutions but nothing really helped. These are some procedure/ steps that i have to do to fix it:

Safe Mode - I did try going onto safe mode and other mode as well but it all lead to the same problem. So the safe mode solution is not going to work.

Recovery - Some websites suggested that i boot my computer using the Windows CD and click the "R" letter in the keyboard when the windows set-up shows but the recovery is not even there.

All these solutions did not work and i really would not like to reinstall Windows as i will lose all my files. If your wondering what i'm using right now, Im currently using Mac OS X and that i also installed Windows OS through the use of "Boot Camp"
How many hard drives do you have? If you have more than one, transfer all your files to the other one and then reinstall windows? I don't its possible to fix BSOD if you can't access windows.
Have you considered undergoing a System Restore to prior to the update? Also, can you find out what the update was?
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Can you provide us the code of the BSD?
Does your computer just keep restarting over and over or does something stay on the screen? You could just try reinstalling windows over your current windows.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JvwwiAegnI[/yt]

I would recommend restarting windows and boot into safe mode(do this by pressing F8 on your keyboard until the menu screen pops up. Then unintall your recent updates from the add remove programs.

If you can't get into safe mode it means that there most likely is a driver conflict with the new update and you will have to reinstall/overwrite your current installation of windows. When it bluescreens try writing down the code/error message on the screen before it self crashes
(04-29-2010, 09:13 PM)theboner Wrote: I would recommend restarting windows and boot into safe mode(do this by pressing F8 on your keyboard until the menu screen pops up. Then unintall your recent updates from the add remove programs.

If you can't get into safe mode it means that there most likely is a driver conflict with the new update and you will have to reinstall/overwrite your current installation of windows. When it bluescreens try writing down the code/error message on the screen before it self crashes

agree with you , but Reinstalling the whole Operating system would be good
Mad
If a System Restore isn't working there could be problems with your RAM's, my brother got the same problems and the thing was his RAM's were different/corrupted. Try to pull out 1 RAM, than Another One, if this doesn't work send it to a Shop where you purchased it.
[Image: 2dmd5j.png]
Ask a friend to get a pirated torrent copy of XP along with the key, and install that. After a couple steps in, you will get the option to replace your old OS. Do it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radeon HD 6770 Gray Screen of Death [Help] jervyn 1 697 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Donrulezz
  My PC keeps Blue Screening. old 33 6,469 07-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Kyle FYI™
  [WINDOWS 7]Black Screen of Death Peter L 10 2,107 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Beautiful
  Blue Screen Issue Peter L 6 2,115 01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Death Trap™
  Blue Screen Of Death! Liberty 18 3,525 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Cannabis