Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python Award?
I know we have 2 Python coders here, uber1337 and myself. Just wondering if it is a possibility create a python award for those who excel and contribute to the Python community.

Thanks
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Yeah that's an idea. I'll see what I can pull up.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Omniscient; are you planning to add an award for all the languages.. just curious, as you've added a Ruby one and now possibly a Python one? Smile
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
wat is python?
Python is a programming language.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(02-20-2010, 04:29 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Omniscient; are you planning to add an award for all the languages.. just curious, as you've added a Ruby one and now possibly a Python one? Smile

That would be quite awesome ^^
And it's a reason to learn to code Tongue
[Image: 58iH.gif]
lol i like this idea and yes it might incourage more people to learn to code
I think we should have a general coding award, that can be given to the best coders, that stand out from the crowd. Adding an award for a specific coding language is like favouring a child over another. The child that isn't getting the attention will become jealous and feel unwanted. This is how those that use coding languages, other than Python, will feel.

I hope the above makes sense. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know and I'll try think of a better explanation.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(03-07-2010, 04:47 PM)Skill Wrote: I think we should have a general coding award, that can be given to the best coders, that stand out from the crowd. Adding an award for a specific coding language is like favouring a child over another. The child that isn't getting the attention will become jealous and feel unwanted. This is how those that use coding languages, other than Python, will feel.

I hope the above makes sense. If it doesn't, feel free to let me know and I'll try think of a better explanation.

That does make sense, and a general coding award would make sense, but so would an award for each and every language on SF. Though, that's a lot of awards to be made, and it would over shadow all of the other types of awards. So a general award for coding is the most logical solution.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
(02-26-2010, 05:20 AM)Μαύρο Wrote: Python is a programming language.

Python is a scripting language.
/thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 26,175 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,829 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,257 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,795 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,797 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity