Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on my third site
Hey,

Recently, I have got into CSS and HTML. I have made two sites, neither of which I liked that much, so I have started on a third, pure CSS and HTML.

I know my skills are not that great yet, and I am still getting quite a few validation errors from w3.org. The site I am working on will be updated on the net whenever I do something big enough localhost to update the net preview version.

The site is for an upcoming website I am working on, and I will be making a forum theme that matches this layout as well. The forum software will be MyBB.

Without anything else, here is the site.

http://administrationforum.net/lukas/TSL

All feedback, good and bad is much appreciated, though if bad, please make sure it is constructive to some extent.

I am working on the second page of it currently, and will post an update when it is online.

Thanks;
Lukas Larsson
It doesn't validate. That should be fixed.

Creatively it's fine. Are you just trying to create elements or is that color scheme what your intending as part of final product?
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I am also learning html and css, and as a basic template the site dont look to bad.
Those colours don't look to bad ay.
(02-26-2010, 05:52 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It doesn't validate. That should be fixed.

Creatively it's fine. Are you just trying to create elements or is that color scheme what your intending as part of final product?

I was thinking of keeping these colours, and I was planning on using the layout.
I am working on by elements are colour.
I know there are validation problems, and I will fix them.

(02-27-2010, 04:07 PM)Devilson Wrote: I am also learning html and css, and as a basic template the site dont look to bad.

Thanks!

(02-27-2010, 04:19 PM)Extasey Wrote: Those colours don't look to bad ay.

Thanks. I'm deciding weather of not I keep these colours.
I would, looks very nice and clean.
I think you need a gradient in there somewhere. Maybe some borders.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
you also need to fix the width of the page layout...it's creating a horizontal scroll at 1024X768.
Since this site is made with pure coding, I'd say it looks pretty nice. Good job.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
Thanks, Snave!
I'm not sure were to incorporate a gradient though.
I'm using that size monitor as well, and I don't have a scroll bar.
You shouldn't, as the total widths when added up do not surpass
100%.