Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groups
(10-23-2014, 12:46 PM)Aura Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 08:26 AM)ven0m Wrote: What happened to the current groups?

Omni deleted all of them. He don't know how the groups are going to work for now, it's on his to-do list. Looks like the HJT Squad group was deleted as well. They would all need new userbars anyway Tongue

No, only their identity. [Image: non.gif]
[Image: 3dtextven0mhf.png]
(10-23-2014, 11:07 AM)Galaxy Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 10:28 AM)Diabolic Wrote: I agree with Galaxy and that's how it was. I'm not sure why Omniscient deleted all of the groups rather than just choosing new leaders for them accordingly. Either way, I'm interested to see Omniscient's next move.

I think he may be wanting a fresh start since most of them were dead anyway. He needs new userbars too.

Indeed. A lot of them weren't as dead as you think, every other month I'd come on and post in the subforums of the groups I was apart of. They weren't entirely dead, just abandoned as such. Considering Geek Squad has been waiting on it's leadership change for well over a year. I think the deletion of them all is probably for the best anyway. Fresh start and whatnot. 
(10-24-2014, 06:10 AM)ven0m Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 12:46 PM)Aura Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 08:26 AM)ven0m Wrote: What happened to the current groups?

Omni deleted all of them. He don't know how the groups are going to work for now, it's on his to-do list. Looks like the HJT Squad group was deleted as well. They would all need new userbars anyway Tongue

No, only their identity. [Image: non.gif]

The HJT Squad is immortal, only their name and userbar can change, but their identity, purpose, goals, values and morals will live on forever ? Tongue
Seems like Geek Squad has a new leader. Hopefully, it works out.
(10-24-2014, 08:56 AM)Galaxy Wrote: Seems like Geek Squad has a new leader. Hopefully, it works out.

I doubt that there's a new Leader for it since every groups have been deleted, Geek Squad included.
(10-23-2014, 09:49 PM)Autopost Wrote: Oh well if there for sale I'm getting one.

Selling groups makes them lose their sole purpose.
Look at half the groups on HF... All of them saying they do something but I haven't seen anything done in 5ever.

The Alliance, Black Knights, Techsperts (before I bought it), RATs Crew and HJT team actually did what they were made to do.
That is because they were exclusive and you couldn't buy in/be friends with the leader to get in. They were run by professional leaders.
This isn't HF and the groups never functioned like they do in HF and to my knowledge that was never going to change.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=11832

^ The original requirements that IMHO should stay. Let's concentrate on getting the site updated and functioning properly, then getting the activity back to where it was before we even consider recreating the groups.
I feel it would be a good idea, but very limited. At the current size, maybe just a few.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(10-22-2014, 05:43 AM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 05:12 AM)Aura Wrote: Edit : Yeah it did, if you are the first quote in a group of quote, the ' in your name escape the "quote" attribute and cause this.

Well damn. Guess Omni has to rename me Snorlax and rename this guy to something else: http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...e&uid=9384

(10-24-2014, 01:08 PM)Positive Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 09:49 PM)Autopost Wrote: Oh well if there for sale I'm getting one.

Selling groups makes them lose their sole purpose.
Look at half the groups on HF... All of them saying they do something but I haven't seen anything done in 5ever.

The Alliance, Black Knights, Techsperts (before I bought it), RATs Crew and HJT team actually did what they were made to do.
That is because they were exclusive and you couldn't buy in/be friends with the leader to get in. They were run by professional leaders.

I would like to see groups like that comeback, since they fit in my idea of groups for SF that I described above.
I think it would be a good Idea, Omniscient.

But besides making people pay for it you could make something like where you have to get Verified for a group.

( Like on HF with UB3R )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much money do offical groups cost? JakeUS 14 2,573 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Secure.
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,837 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Prince
  The Creation of New Groups (We Need More Please) Resistance 22 3,976 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: iMario
  Official groups and Non Official groups AceInfinity 25 5,114 04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Suggestion: User Groups Deadmau5 9 2,219 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Omniscient