Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HF Support Feather
(01-05-2012, 06:16 PM)Sam Wrote: It does mean however I am slowly becoming heavily disliked. Poor me. Smile

Welcome to my world where daily I get threatened and harassed for enforcing my clear policies.

As for making this a sticky...no. Despite the fact people think I'm whoring the award to get posts I really don't. I don't actually like to draw attention to it. It's there for members who want it but I'm not going to overtly promote it.

As for that member who right aligns all his posts. I never read them. I don't avert my eyes when I'm scrolling down. He rarely says anything important anyways and if his right align annoys you just add him to your ignore.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
This to me sounds like a fair rule.
(01-06-2012, 11:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Welcome to my world where daily I get threatened and harassed for enforcing my clear policies.

As for making this a sticky...no. Despite the fact people think I'm whoring the award to get posts I really don't. I don't actually like to draw attention to it. It's there for members who want it but I'm not going to overtly promote it.

As for that member who right aligns all his posts. I never read them. I don't avert my eyes when I'm scrolling down. He rarely says anything important anyways and if his right align annoys you just add him to your ignore.

Sucks to be threatened. Yellows never does post important stuff.
(01-06-2012, 11:46 AM)Diabolic Wrote: This to me sounds like a fair rule.
Yellows never does post important stuff.

That's not a fair thing to say. A lot of his posts are very high quality and informative. Yes he aligns to the right which is annoying but as far as his actual posts go, he's a very decent member, and just as important as any other member on this forum.
Since so many people have complained about the right aligned text...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122394
It makes all the text left versus right. Happy?
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-06-2012, 12:19 PM)Fragma Wrote: That's not a fair thing to say. A lot of his posts are very high quality and informative. Yes he aligns to the right which is annoying but as far as his actual posts go, he's a very decent member, and just as important as any other member on this forum.

I'm not directing it at just this forum alone. Pretty much all the forums he's on he does the right aligned text which pisses off people a lot.
(01-06-2012, 11:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: As for that member who right aligns all his posts. I never read them. I don't avert my eyes when I'm scrolling down. He rarely says anything important anyways and if his right align annoys you just add him to your ignore.

Which is what I wish on both forums -- If you find my posts annoying, either use a script (Sam, the script D3xus made is the script I was talking about in my first reply to your PM request) to left align my posts or ignore my profile.

(01-06-2012, 11:46 AM)Diabolic Wrote: Yellows never does post important stuff.

Hey HQ member, please refrain from posting on my thread w/o reading the thread. Thanks. Don't be a hypocrite and talk down to me either.
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid262202
That post clearly shows you read nothing of the thread.
I do post some good stuff, both on this and on HF, maybe you've never read any of my serious threads because you are basing your entire opinion off of me by my posts on another forum. This is a different forum, learn that. My posts (though not all the time, I must admit) are important, just as much as yours, as stated below.

EDIT; I'd rather post non-important stuff than post plagiarized things (Such as yourself). <-- Off-topic, but I lost the majority of my respect towards you.

(01-06-2012, 12:19 PM)Fragma Wrote: That's not a fair thing to say. A lot of his posts are very high quality and informative. Yes he aligns to the right which is annoying but as far as his actual posts go, he's a very decent member, and just as important as any other member on this forum.

Thank you.

(01-06-2012, 12:37 PM)D3xus Wrote: Since so many people have complained about the right aligned text...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122394
It makes all the text left versus right. Happy?

Thanks, just like xerotic's script. Well done, ;D.

(01-06-2012, 03:09 PM)Diabolic Wrote: I'm not directing it at just this forum alone. Pretty much all the forums he's on he does the right aligned text which pisses off people a lot.

You aren't directing it at just this forum? Then don't post it. This is SF and only SF, not HF. I don't make them mad, they choose (My grandma says that, first time I've ever said it, =]). Just ignore my profile as Omni suggested or skip over my posts.

EDIT; It doesn't really matter anymore as on this forum I will be left-aligning as requested until given permission to right-align.
I've read some of Yellows's posts.
I don't see anything relating low quality, but I do see his right alignment.
I think it's kind of special. If you see right align you think of Yellows.
And you avert your eyes to read something informative. Better than scrolling through a bunch of left aligned nonsense that some users post.
I have to say...it's not really the way something is posted, it's what is being posted.
(01-06-2012, 06:08 PM)Grin Wrote: I've read some of Yellows's posts.
I don't see anything relating low quality, but I do see his right alignment.
I think it's kind of special. If you see right align you think of Yellows.
And you avert your eyes to read something informative. Better than scrolling through a bunch of left aligned nonsense that some users post.
I have to say...it's not really the way something is posted, it's what is being posted.

Alignment sorts between quality and non quality?

Quote:I have to say...it's not really the way something is posted, it's what is being posted.

True, but what is being posted behind the fancy alignment is these two tags that don't belong lol:
Code:
[align=right]

Code:
[/align]

That's only true to a certain extent. What if I started writing everything in japanese now? or Webdings? It's still the same content. But very annoying. Nothing about quality, but the only thing that people find bad about it is having to deal with the annoyance of averting their eyes over just to read something he posts. Regardless of whether it's better or worse than what everyone else posts.
(01-06-2012, 06:11 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: That's only true to a certain extent. What if I started writing everything in japanese now? or Webdings? It's still the same content. But very annoying.

I don't know what Webdings is, but if you were to type everything in Japanese, you'd likely get a warning because people don't speak Japanese.
Right-alignment isn't a language.
Like I've said, I've stopped posting with the alignment on this forum.

Well, we sure managed to derail this baby now didn't we? In less than one page...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,065 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 28,328 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 19,629 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,921 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 5,037 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost