Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm afraid of nighttime?
I've always been inclined to sleep during the day and stay awake at night. Even if I manage to switch it back to normal, it naturally switches back, no matter what I do. I always knew I'm afraid of the dark, but it didn't occur to me until recently that I'm actually afraid of the night in general, even if I leave my lights on. I'm too afraid to sleep at night. Is this healthy? Is there any way to fix it? Unsure
You're nocturnal... either by genetics or by habit. There's nothing wrong with that.
I'm indifferent in terms of sleeping in night or day. I don't think choosing when you want to sleep is a problem, so long as you sleep at least 8 hours.
But what about work and school...? That's the only real issue.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-04-2012, 12:23 PM)D3xus Wrote: You're nocturnal... either by genetics or by habit. There's nothing wrong with that.
I'm indifferent in terms of sleeping in night or day. I don't think choosing when you want to sleep is a problem, so long as you sleep at least 8 hours.
But what about work and school...? That's the only real issue.

I think it's more than that. Being nocturnal is just being in the habit of sleeping in the daytime, isn't it? I don't think it has to do with fear.

I need to get another job soon. I had to quit my old one because I moved. When I had a job, I was getting about four to six hours of sleep per day, but only because I didn't work very many hours.
Sleeping in the day has nothing to do with fear, really. More habit.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
What about the night are you scared about?
I tend to feel better when I'm nocturnal as well, I'm not sure why -- It just feels normal.

What are your actual fears about the night time?

It's not exactly going to affect your health if you sleep during the day and stay awake at night.
I figured this out when I played dead island with you, at "night". h3h3h3h3
It's not natural. You might want to go see your doctor. Your doctor may be able to prescribe you on sleeping medication that will help.
(01-04-2012, 03:04 PM)Yellows Wrote:
What about the night are you scared about?
I tend to feel better when I'm nocturnal as well, I'm not sure why -- It just feels normal.

I don't really know, it's just scary. I don't like darkness, and I don't like complete silence.

(01-04-2012, 04:22 PM)๖ۣۜHacker™ Wrote: I figured this out when I played dead island with you, at "night". h3h3h3h3

Shut up, that game is scary. :c

(01-04-2012, 05:50 PM)PuertoRican Wrote: It's not natural. You might want to go see your doctor. Your doctor may be able to prescribe you on sleeping medication that will help.

My mother doesn't see it as a problem and therefore won't pay to fix it. I don't have any money myself.
Hey Cykn,

I too am scared of the dark, not as much now as I used to be but I still get really scared if I was to go downstairs at night, even with the lights on. I don't see it as not being healthy, in fact, it's been proven that a fear of the dark is one of the most common fears out of them all. I'm not sure what you can do, I reckon the fear will decrease as you get older, it did for me. As I said I'm not fully over it as I still get scared going downstairs but if I look back 5 years ago, I'd have to have my light on in my room, now I don't have to. There is a weird feeling I get sometimes still that I would be sitting up in my bed and I'd get a feeling that something's behind me, that freaks me out. So basically in short I'm afraid you're just going to have to stick it out for now. I've never had a problem with closing my eyes though, how long has that been going on?

~BreShiE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Afraid/unable to show her affection TheMoonwalker 3 893 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Webcam incident - paranoid, scared, afraid? HELP 18 7,576 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Bannedshit