Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My site
Hello,

I am running Mybb forums and I want to know if someone can add me on msn and help me, the pics/banners wont show in on the site and also i wanna find out how to get a short free domain.

Thanks.
The best would be co.cc, but it won't look pro. If you have little money, you can try get a .info
(07-10-2011, 09:38 AM)intel 4004 Wrote: The best would be co.cc, but it won't look pro. If you have little money, you can try get a .info

That's actually the worst now that they don't get recognized by google

I've mentioned to you .tk before though for domain forwarding, it's really simple.

Look:
Code:
http://my.dot.tk/registration/rename?url=YOURWEBSITE.COM

Go to that link using your website url. I don't know how you could miss the input area on dot.tk

After doing that, name your site to a .tk domain that you want

Myownsitenamehere.tk

And you can now to go http://www.Myownsitenamehere.tk and it will redirect to your forum

Now as for the images, you'll have to go through global.css and manually change the link locations for the images that don't show up in there. This is your main style css file.
(07-10-2011, 10:07 AM)Ace Wrote: That's actually the worst now that they don't get recognized by google

I've mentioned to you .tk before though for domain forwarding, it's really simple.

Look:
Code:
http://my.dot.tk/registration/rename?url=YOURWEBSITE.COM

Go to that link using your website url. I don't know how you could miss the input area on dot.tk

After doing that, name your site to a .tk domain that you want

Myownsitenamehere.tk

And you can now to go http://www.Myownsitenamehere.tk and it will redirect to your forum

Now as for the images, you'll have to go through global.css and manually change the link locations for the images that don't show up in there. This is your main style css file.

I've done the dot.tk domain bit now i gotta do the pics can you explain exactly where to go please ace.
I don't even remember what the name of your site was. You have a browser though, right click on the broken images, and get the directory it's trying to look for them in, and that should give you the names of the images, then point it to the directory on your theme location

so if there's entries like images1/off.gif... Change it to images2/off.gif, if your theme's image is in the directory images2.

Here's where you get to use the handy Ctrl + F command Smile I won't be around to do everything for the forum, and same with others. At least try to make an attempt to figure it out on your own
(07-10-2011, 10:28 AM)Ace Wrote: I don't even remember what the name of your site was. You have a browser though, right click on the broken images, and get the directory it's trying to look for them in, and that should give you the names of the images, then point it to the directory on your theme location

so if there's entries like images1/off.gif... Change it to images2/off.gif, if your theme's image is in the directory images2.

Here's where you get to use the handy Ctrl + F command Smile I won't be around to do everything for the forum, and same with others. At least try to make an attempt to figure it out on your own

I have for the past 6 hours been trying to figure it out and I still cant... www.gamingnerds.tk
you should have had the logo up by now at least though, as I provided you with exact instructions on how to get that image

Here:
AdminCP > Templates & Style > Themes, and scroll down until you find the logo area.
(07-10-2011, 10:39 AM)Ace Wrote: you should have had the logo up by now at least though, as I provided you with exact instructions on how to get that image

Here:
AdminCP > Templates & Style > Themes, and scroll down until you find the logo area.

There is none?

How do i put my forums in filezilla?
Thats why i can't find it all
I don't know what you're seeing, but I know it's there...

[Image: ibGf14.png]

This is for my forum. And you're running the exact same MyBB version too
(07-10-2011, 10:58 AM)Ace Wrote: I don't know what you're seeing, but I know it's there...

[Image: ibGf14.png]

This is for my forum. And you're running the exact same MyBB version too

How do i get the code of the pic?
(07-10-2011, 11:01 AM)Lol K Wrote: How do i get the code of the pic?

well this is what i get

[Image: websitewq.png]