Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam's Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days?
Is it anygood? I checked it out from the library. Just want to know if it will be worth my time lol. I got some experience with VB/C#.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I read teach yourself Adobe Flash, and it was pretty good.
it is ok, just dont think you will be a god at it after 3 weeks
I've been told it was pretty good. I wanted to try it out myself but never got around to it.
(07-02-2011, 05:31 PM)bigandrewgold Wrote: it is ok, just dont think you will be a god at it after 3 weeks

Of course not. It's not my first programming langauge...I've been dealing with C#/VB.NET for the past 6+ months so I'm very realistic.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Eh..its one of the same 'teach yourself x in y amount of time'. They're usually sub par, and if you already have programming experience you should be able to fly through it and come out of it( with practice) a decent programmer in Java. Just don't expect it to go too in depth or satisfy too many intellectual pursuits! Good luck.
I think they're pretty good.
I've used them myself Smile
It's okay, I read the pdf version. They have a lot of titles like these for all languages, but I've never actually learned one in 21 days... Maybe if I studied full time.
(07-03-2011, 11:43 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Of course not. It's not my first programming langauge...I've been dealing with C#/VB.NET for the past 6+ months so I'm very realistic.

Lol if you think Java will be easy after C# and VB.net then I think you will be mistaken.

I'm very good with VB.NET and I'm pretty good with C#, but Java is on a whole new level, you will struggle.

Also I don't like Sams teach yourself books, I read the php one and found it easier to learn from online sources -.-

I've never read the Java one though sorry.
I actually got it not long ago, but I didn't keep up on it. It will explain the basics and get you started though!
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why java haphazard 8 1,427 12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Java help from java expert. Blazin 2 1,898 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Java help php 1 822 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: php
  Java Problem for real java programmer Testgamma1 10 4,460 03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: uber1337
  How do i get java Mozz 4 1,259 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Mozz