Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Quality Content..
(05-21-2011, 09:52 PM)Infinity Wrote: Not that i'll assume that i'm right, but I could make an assumption that as soon as you get the support feather though you'll never come back to support forums like 90% of the other people going for the feather, so i'd disagree on that.

I am grateful that I don't come under this category. Tongue

But I agree with what Infinity has said. Most feather dusters just stay around until they reach 100 posts and then they forget about the forums.
We need to fix that.
If we increase the post count requirement, then that would discourage future spammers who are after a fast award.

(05-22-2011, 05:37 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: I am grateful that I don't come under this category. Tongue

But I agree with what Infinity has said. Most feather dusters just stay around until they reach 100 posts and then they forget about the forums.
We need to fix that.
If we increase the post count requirement, then that would discourage future spammers who are after a fast award.

That could backfire.. It might mean that people just spam even more, and even lower quality posts.
It seems like an easy award to get, even though I am here to earn it I will try to be HQ, maybe it should have been for 100 HQ posts or 100 +rep or something?
(05-22-2011, 06:28 AM):( Wrote: It seems like an easy award to get, even though I am here to earn it I will try to be HQ, maybe it should have been for 100 HQ posts or 100 +rep or something?

No regular member here has a hundred rep and probably never will lol

And @Fragma, it might backfire, but the possibility is low. The staff can easily distinguish between the LQ and HQ posters.

I know I can. Tongue

(05-22-2011, 06:28 AM):( Wrote: It seems like an easy award to get, even though I am here to earn it I will try to be HQ, maybe it should have been for 100 HQ posts or 100 +rep or something?

100+ rep? Fortunately this forum isn't like HF. Reputation here means a lot more, and isn't given out so freely, at least for me anyway. I only ever give +rep to people who I think truly deserve it.

Also, 100 HQ posts is the requirement, but people seem to ignore that.
(05-22-2011, 06:37 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: No regular member here has a hundred rep and probably never will lol

And @Fragma, it might backfire, but the possibility is low. The staff can easily distinguish between the LQ and HQ posters.

I know I can. Tongue

I suppose it depends on what the increase would be. If it were say 200/300 posts, I think it would generate more LQ posts, and if the requirement was say 1000 posts, people just wouldn't bother.
(05-22-2011, 06:38 AM)Fragma Wrote: I suppose it depends on what the increase would be. If it were say 200/300 posts, I think it would generate more LQ posts, and if the requirement was say 1000 posts, people just wouldn't bother.

Exactly what I was thinking. Or atleast enough to find out the intentions of that member.
Or maybe 5+ rep as well.
How about saying that you have to get a certain reputation. Say you have to get 10+ reps to get the award. Imho its more about good content that drives people to forums.

Just a suggestion. I don't think the 100 post requirement is such a bad idea though because it has helped the forum become more active for sure. And some of those people (even if it is a very small majority will continue to post here)

Omni is the only one above 100 so far, and even members who have been here for over a year don't even have 60. Reputation here isn't used like greeting cards with comments like "I like you", people actually earn them, so that would be a bit more difficult.

I'm not willing to support the idea of reputation for the award though or that habit of earning the reputation will become void. People from HF can just come in packs and give each other rep for no reason at all. Begging would start, and the reps would mean less after a while.

Instead of spam posts we would have spam rep. I will try to do some more advertising using my youtube channel and a few other places, but if i'm the only one it's not going to do anything. If no one else is going to do anything nothing is going to happen, and no matter what happens, if Omni doesn't do anything after too long everything will fail anyways. The administration is what maintains a level of activity once it's up there. If Omni didn't have so many forums and websites, I'm sure he'd have a very successful forum here because more time could be devoted towards this forum and his time would be more concentrated here to help him do that.
(05-20-2011, 08:07 PM)Laugh Wrote: You are totally missing the point.

You're not understanding what I've said. You don't understand how I said it. If you see the post under your reply you'll see what I've been trying to say.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate look from quality content paper for your hand Clarencetew24 0 689 05-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Clarencetew24
  HF Content Sam 8 2,051 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Invisible low quality posting? WirelessWave 9 1,646 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Canoris