Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Quality Content..
Am I the only one who noticed this...? In the past when I check new posts I click 4/10 links of topics. So out of 100 post I'd click 40 topics that interest me. This is because they are new topics (not bumped, irrelevant ones), interesting to most people, not advertising something or a resource no one would ever need, and are high quality. Now out of 9 pages I clicked seven links. That's about 14/100. This is not good, and I don't think I feel the same.

We need a rule on bumping, we need to eliminate the support feather, and we need to seek new advertising options. In the past the support feather worked, we'd get a lot of members and 1/200 of them would stay and be active/high quality such as members like Fragma, Sam, Infinity, etc. That still happens to an extent, but it is happening less because of the content on SF. The potential HQ members leave because the content they see. Their first impression. The site only gets traffic from HF (I'd say 90% but thats a huge guess) and it really needs to stop. I'd rather have 3 new topics per day that are new and interesting than 100 that aren't.

We also need to 'push' SF forward as EVERYONE has been suggesting. Contests, awards, groups, etc. The members cannot do much else..maybe Omni will see this one..
I agree with you. The feather invites bumping, which annoys the long term users. It should be replaced with more exciting competitions, it will get and keep members then, rather than so many taking the feather and running.
Not sure what will be done though, it feels like the site has been abandoned with regards to administrator activity. I'd love to help out and get things moving, but it's not my job.
Yes Support Forums gains a fair bit of activity from Hack Forums however without it Support Forums would be pretty much be an inactive forum. The support feather is used as a incentive for members to join and help the popularity of Support Forums increase. I have seen many members on Hackforums refused the support feather due to low quality posts so it does have its boundaries.

In addition to this you also have to remember that you will always have your high and low quality members this has been the same since forums existed. Best thing we can do is continue to post high quality posts and let the authority deal with the other low quality members.
[Image: sinaturee.png]
I agree completely.

I just say that maybe Support Forums was just an add-on, just to get the Support Feather. There's not much done here. We have nothing. We only have like 3-4 groups, unlike HF where it has tons of active groups. We have a few awards where rarely anyone gets an award, unlike HF where they have tons of awards.

Let me ask you this. So, why can't they have the "Hack Feather" so we can go onto Hack Forums and get that? It should balance each other out.

So. Omniscient if you do read this post. What are you going to do?
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3
(05-18-2011, 04:14 PM)Solidus Wrote: I agree with you. The feather invites bumping, which annoys the long term users. It should be replaced with more exciting competitions, it will get and keep members then, rather than so many taking the feather and running.
Not sure what will be done though, it feels like the site has been abandoned with regards to administrator activity. I'd love to help out and get things moving, but it's not my job.

I would not contest to you being an admin to get tihngs moving while Omni is busy (or whatever the reason is).

(05-18-2011, 04:38 PM)h-boy Wrote: Yes Support Forums gains a fair bit of activity from Hack Forums however without it Support Forums would be pretty much be an inactive forum. The support feather is used as a incentive for members to join and help the popularity of Support Forums increase. I have seen many members on Hackforums refused the support feather due to low quality posts so it does have its boundaries.

In addition to this you also have to remember that you will always have your high and low quality members this has been the same since forums existed. Best thing we can do is continue to post high quality posts and let the authority deal with the other low quality members.

H-boy that is how it is supposed to work. The ratio is too great in the case. The ratio of spammers to HQ member. You have good members, than you have flamers, spammers, bots, support feather seekers, and people asking about HF being down. You can see the separation.

I honestly think Solidus and Skill can "handle" reports, bots, and spammers for the most part...but they simply cannot make people high quality or delete many pointless threads per day in order to make it work. The hole is just getting deeper on here.

(05-18-2011, 04:44 PM)Brandenx781 Wrote: I just say that maybe Support Forums was just an add-on, just to get the Support Feather. There's not much done here. We have nothing. We only have like 3-4 groups, unlike HF where it has tons of active groups. We have a few awards where rarely anyone gets an award, unlike HF where they have tons of awards.

Let me ask you this. So, why can't they have the "Hack Feather" so we can go onto Hack Forums and get that? It should balance each other out.

So. Omnicient if you do read this post. What are you going to do?
That is just completely silly. The support feather was too give SF a boost of traffic to get it off the ground..how would it benefit Hack Forums at all? It wouldn't balance anything out. Obviously not much is done, which is why I'm making this thread,
(05-18-2011, 04:44 PM)Laugh Wrote: That is just completely silly. The support feather was too give SF a boost of traffic to get it off the ground..how would it benefit Hack Forums at all? It wouldn't balance anything out. Obviously not much is done, which is why I'm making this thread,

And look where the support feather had given us. Just like you said.
Quote:flamers, spammers, bots, support feather seekers, and people asking about HF being down.
So you suggest creating another award..? Everyone who spams for the feather already has 100 posts on HF. It wouldn't work.
(05-18-2011, 04:44 PM)Brandenx781 Wrote: I just say that maybe Support Forums was just an add-on, just to get the Support Feather. There's not much done here. We have nothing. We only have like 3-4 groups, unlike HF where it has tons of active groups. We have a few awards where rarely anyone gets an award, unlike HF where they have tons of awards.

So. Omnicient if you do read this post. What are you going to do?

The Support Feather is given to HF members who help increase the overall post/member/popularity of this site. I would imagine when Support Forums becomes a reasonably big forum with regular posts and threads omni will remove it. A Hack feather is unnecessary for support forums due to the fact that there is no need to increase popularity of Hackforums.

Due to this site being so small there is not need for much maintenance, Hackforums is always in the firing line with DDOS attacks, omni dealing with l33t's and Ub3r purchases etc. So most attention needs to faced there which is why you don't see new things being added here.

We only have like 3-4 groups, unlike HF where it has tons of active groups.

Hackforums has tons of active groups because it has tons of active members to join them
We have a few awards where rarely anyone gets an award, unlike HF where they have tons of awards.

They have loads of awards but that doesn't mean to say that are tons are given out. The only easily obtainable ones are the donation awards, ub3r award and the support feather.

(05-18-2011, 04:46 PM)Laugh Wrote: H-boy that is how it is supposed to work. The ratio is too great in the case. The ratio of spammers to HQ member. You have good members, than you have flamers, spammers, bots, support feather seekers, and people asking about HF being down. You can see the separation.

I honestly think Solidus and Skill can "handle" reports, bots, and spammers for the most part...but they simply cannot make people high quality or delete many pointless threads per day in order to make it work. The hole is just getting deeper on here.

The main problem is that if you could remove them and make it a forum where there is nothing but high quality members you would have more sections then members who are able to fill them therefore the site popularity would dramatically decrease leaving a dead forum.

[Image: sinaturee.png]
I'm npt suggesting to have everything 100% hq. That is unrealistic. There are ways to improve current quality, though.
(05-18-2011, 05:02 PM)h-boy Wrote: Hackforums has tons of active groups because it has tons of active members to join them

True, but so do we. Maybe even a rise in more groups will attract more users to posting posts and then applying for the specific group.

(05-18-2011, 05:02 PM)h-boy Wrote: They have loads of awards but that doesn't mean to say that are tons are given out. The only easily obtainable ones are the donation awards, ub3r award and the support feather.

Lmao, looked like it to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate look from quality content paper for your hand Clarencetew24 0 672 05-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Clarencetew24
  HF Content Sam 8 2,029 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Invisible low quality posting? WirelessWave 9 1,610 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Canoris