Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adding Attachments to Threads
(04-03-2011, 08:17 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: No, there's nothing wrong with external file sharing. It would just be easier to have it on site. Especially since that way we wouldn't have to experience dead links like you had with your registry file. He could allow users with a certain amount of starts the privilege, if that's possible.

I can see how useful it would be, I'm just speaking for the forum, for the problems that it would cause. Maybe he'll be generous to let us have a portion of the database lol.

I think i've seen on a different forum once... A system that would allow you to upload a certain amount of files to the site for an attachment, then after you try to upload any more then that limit, it would reject your file. Maybe he could add that for a select few, but then that would require a different class of members on SF.

If I really need a file to stay up though, I usually can remember to upload it to my online file sharing account somewhere, but theres always a possibility of forgetting to do that.
(04-03-2011, 04:34 PM)C0de_Override Wrote: OMG, OMG, OMG! Are you kidding! I don't have one you guys.
[Image: b809459839242bbc3467a376f3cd2680.png]

I was scrolling down and saw this and I thought there was something wrong with my browser. Hahahah.
I don't splel check.
(04-03-2011, 08:26 PM)Infinity Wrote: I can see how useful it would be, I'm just speaking for the forum, for the problems that it would cause. Maybe he'll be generous to let us have a portion of the database lol.

I think i've seen on a different forum once... A system that would allow you to upload a certain amount of files to the site for an attachment, then after you try to upload any more then that limit, it would reject your file. Maybe he could add that for a select few, but then that would require a different class of members on SF.

If I really need a file to stay up though, I usually can remember to upload it to my online file sharing account somewhere, but theres always a possibility of forgetting to do that.

I could've sworn it used to be on HF, but maybe not. I also think I've seen the limit before. Anyways, if this whole thing isn't too much work tom implement/control I think it would be great to add.
Everyone has been talking about doing things to keep SF going but I haven't seen much done.
(04-03-2011, 08:27 PM)Scalise Wrote: I was scrolling down and saw this and I thought there was something wrong with my browser. Hahahah.

Lmfao... That was a good one. Made me smile Oui
[Image: t5BWm.png]
When this site is on a dedicated I'll do attachments for us. For now it's still on shared hosting and it's been moved like 3 times already. Attachments sort of suck to move.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(04-04-2011, 07:31 AM)Omniscient Wrote: When this site is on a dedicated I'll do attachments for us. For now it's still on shared hosting and it's been moved like 3 times already. Attachments sort of suck to move.

Fair enough, sounds like a plan.
When determines whether or not the site is ready to go dedicated? Just the amount of activity?
I think the Attachments feature totally sucks. I mean we have imgur.com and just about any other image hosting site.
(04-04-2011, 12:40 PM)VanCliffe Wrote: I think the Attachments feature totally sucks. I mean we have imgur.com and just about any other image hosting site.

People can attach other files such as software .exes and text documents.
I don't splel check.
I think it's disabled for certain usergroups.
You could upload exes files to file sharing websites, because some of the exes take too much size, and it will eat up the server space if there are about 50,000 members uploading exes Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,744 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,769 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 621 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 884 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Old Threads: How not to bump them up BlackChaos 20 3,069 03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™