Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adding Attachments to Threads
I'm pretty sure this is a feature on MyBB, but I'm not 100% positive.

Anyways, it would be nice to be able to add attachments to our threads.
It would be a simple/helpful addition. I guess the only downfalls might be server space and download speed.
I don't think it'd be a problem (space and download speed) but illegal uploads would be.
Well what would be the difference if you uploaded it on a file hosting service other than mybb, if it was illegal. But yes, I believe it is a feature on MyBB to optionally upload attachments. Omni, it would save us a lot of time and less adf.ly links etc... around the forum. But we don't know for sure whether it affects forum memory space and download speed.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Do you not have the attachment box when posting a new thread? I do.
(04-03-2011, 04:24 PM)Solidus Wrote: Do you not have the attachment box when posting a new thread? I do.

When posting a new thread yes. But I think he may have been reffering to posting in general.
(04-03-2011, 04:26 PM)Fragma Wrote: When posting a new thread yes. But I think he may have been reffering to posting in general.

OMG, OMG, OMG! Are you kidding! I don't have one you guys.
[Image: b809459839242bbc3467a376f3cd2680.png]
(04-03-2011, 04:24 PM)Solidus Wrote: Do you not have the attachment box when posting a new thread? I do.

I don't have it O_o
(04-03-2011, 04:26 PM)Fragma Wrote: When posting a new thread yes. But I think he may have been reffering to posting in general.

No, I was talking about new threads. In any post it would be nice, but I don't have it in either.
(04-03-2011, 03:36 PM)Laugh Wrote: I don't think it'd be a problem (space and download speed) but illegal uploads would be.

I don't think it would be too hard to moderate illegal uploads.
Nemmy, why don't we have the attachment buttons for a new thread... Sad
Calm down lol MyBB gives permission options to give groups of people on the forum certain access to different features. Omni probably granted Moderators and Administrators access to use the feature, but not regular users. If everyone had the option to upload from an attachment that would end up wasting a lot of space on the server for no reason. There's nothing wrong with external file sharing in my opinion.

You don't need to share a link on the forum through ad.fly. Just upload it as a normal link without trying to leech money from people using ad.fly or any other similar site.
(04-03-2011, 08:12 PM)Infinity Wrote: Calm down lol MyBB gives permission options to give groups of people on the forum certain access to different features. Omni probably granted Moderators and Administrators access to use the feature, but not regular users. If everyone had the option to upload from an attachment that would end up wasting a lot of space on the server for no reason. There's nothing wrong with external file sharing in my opinion.

You don't need to share a link on the forum through ad.fly. Just upload it as a normal link without trying to leech money from people using ad.fly or any other similar site.

No, there's nothing wrong with external file sharing. It would just be easier to have it on site. Especially since that way we wouldn't have to experience dead links like you had with your registry file. He could allow users with a certain amount of starts the privilege, if that's possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,684 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,718 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 614 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 873 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Old Threads: How not to bump them up BlackChaos 20 3,002 03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢