Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm tired of feeling lonley...
Theres this girl that I work with, the other day she caught me staring at her... well her friend did and pointed it out to her by pointing to me and I just quickly looked away... but case in point... I think I've already made too much of an ass out of my self with her that theres no way she'd even consider going out with me.... plus I don't really talk to her.. but any point... ive just decided to move on and see if I can find somone at school ya know?? Even though thats a long shot lol...

(03-13-2011, 11:06 PM)Mous Wrote: This isn't just a *you* thing, you also have to find someone compatible with you.
Maybe, you're looking at the wrong type of girl. Instead of looking for the
15 on a scale of 10
, you should look for someone that is more your pace.

Honestly, I'm not saying you don't DESERVE someone like that,
or that there isn't a nerd with braces that isn't ridiculously hot, and would love you.

Ugh, this one's hard to explain. Basically, instead of aiming your sights super high, knock yourself down a peg.
I've done this, this is also very humbling because then you realize that you're not as amazing as you might think.
That's kind of an introspective look on things. (that's more of a statement aimed at players and what not, but you get my point)

The long and short of this is;
with damn near 7 billion people in this world, you'll find someone that makes you so happy you want to burst.
Just give yourself plenty of time, and talk to more people. Seriously, I can't stress this enough,
"Show interest, but don't immediately beg for a relationship".

Also, ending note, if you find a girl that immediately wants one, walk the fudge away. o.o

See thats another thing I know I don't deserve someone all around that pretty ya know?? but I have went one on I guess u could say 2 dates... I'd hate to say they were dates but what else would ya call them ya know? Lets just say I went out of my scale and yeah they didn't work out. But I did try and give them a chance and they were extremely nice and I beat my self up everyday about why I can't like them but I just dont...

(03-13-2011, 11:07 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: You should tell one or some of your closest friends this too, let them know how you feel and if they really are your true friends, they will help you. By the way, there is a girl out there for you, I'm sure near you, you just have to get up, go out, and go get her, but again, you have to have confidence in yourself buddy.
[QUOTE='Mous' pid='175731' dateline='1300082804']

See for the most part im... embarrassed to tell them how I feel.. I've told a few and they tell me that I should go and talk to this girl I like but I know she'd be thinking wtf r u talking ta me ya know??? See personality goes a looong way and she's an extremely nice person... so she's the type of person that wouldn't say that but be thinking it.... :/ but that doesn't go for her for other ones to ya know?

[quote='wtftwice' pid='175769' dateline='1300108710']
Note: PLEASE, do not date one of the less "prettier" rude girls that go around thinking they're the s**t. That's the worst thing you could possibly do.

oh believe me that's a really turn off for me. I have no interest what so ever for those type of girls.

(03-14-2011, 07:43 AM)Duzzlight Wrote: Yeah, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Well OP, you don't need to be a jerk. They go for the 'jerks' because they're the ones that are talking. You don't go out of your way to make them laugh, involve them in your life, or make any attempt to make the 'jerk' kids sit down. You don't have to be a jerk; you have to have confidence in yourself in a sense that you can say "I'm a good looking guy, and I want to date that girl. There's nothing stopping me.", and going up to her and talking to her. You have to move past that fear of rejection or whatever fear that is creeping on you, and just talk to girls. After a while, as you start to become more comfortable with them, they'll start to become much more comfortable with you.

As for feeling alone. You seem to be younger and in high school, but you should try and build healthier and stronger bonds with your family and friends. A girlfriend is great in forming a very intimate connection with someone, but you have friends and family that can also make your life great by just being there. A girlfriend won't make you any less alone, because although you feel alone, you have friends and family (i'm assuming no bad problems regarding both, I'm sorry if there's something big there) that are great emotional and personal connections that are irreplaceable.

Naa im out of high school... see all though school I was really heavy and never really had friends and no girl ever noticed me, they still don't now Ive lost like 115lbs but yeah... it just gets to me cause all my friends have someone and yet I don't... and it sucks even more cause im work at retail and so all day I have to see couples coming in and it just hurts even more... I mean it'd be nice to tell someone if something good happens to me instead of calling up my mom or telling her when something good happened ya know?
Seriously, what's up with all the hating.
I don't like people like him who are to scared to live.
fudge man, you can give him as much tips and guides to follow as you want.
You can come up with as many metaphors and examples as you want. It will not help, at all.

You really think he'll change his behaviour because of your oh-so-sweet replies? fudge no.
What he needs is to be woken up out of his dream.

What's the real problem in his situation? Not the people around him, not his confidence, not his looks, not his resources.
It's him, it is his damn way of thinking.
He's expecting everything to come to him, just everything. And he doesn't even realise it.
Even now he's not actually trying to break the pattern. He's going on the web expecting other people to fix his problems for him.

To round this up;
None of the post in this thread will help him change his life. That's NOT how it works.
He must figure out himself what's wrong to be able to fix it. If he doesn't, he'll end up alone and miserable.

Call me harsh, call me ignorant, call me shallow, but I've been trough way more than most of you can imagine. I know what I'm talking about.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(03-14-2011, 01:26 PM)C4Vendetta Wrote: He must figure out himself what's wrong to be able to fix it. If he doesn't, he'll end up alone and miserable.

So, you're saying that giving advice for him to think over in his head,
won't help him at all? You're ignorant, if that's the case.
I honestly TL;DR 'ed most of that, when I saw that after skimming over your statement.

As far as OP goes;

This isn't about what you "deserve". Not in the least.
This is saying that, a kind of woman that not *everyone* would go
for, might be better, because then you don't feel as though you have to
compete with other people.

Now, mind you, if the woman is any decent at all, that wouldn't matter,
but, sadly that's not how the REALLY good looking women are 90% of the time.

Not only that, you have less of a chance of a woman dumping you
for the next interesting love life if she's more of a homely
kind of girl. Usually nerds, or conservative women. You give up on
having immediate/quick action in the sack (most of the time) but you
also can be sure that there's not much chance that she'll replace you for
some dude that's a stud.

Again, this advice is kinda stereotypical, but with the kind of women you
see in the USA, this works 75% of the time, if not more.
That's indeed what I am saying.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
Quote:Naa im out of high school... see all though school I was really heavy and never really had friends and no girl ever noticed me, they still don't now Ive lost like 115lbs but yeah... it just gets to me cause all my friends have someone and yet I don't... and it sucks even more cause im work at retail and so all day I have to see couples coming in and it just hurts even more... I mean it'd be nice to tell someone if something good happens to me instead of calling up my mom or telling her when something good happened ya know?

Don't give up on the girl! Just because she caught you staring at her doesn't mean everything is done. Go up to her with some confidence and chat her up about hell, anything that is common in every day.

Hey, I tell my mom good crap that happens all the time. Family is one part that won't let you down (usually). But I do know what you mean. It is nice.

But you need to get some confidence! Otherwise, this won't change, and you know it. You'll just be sitting in the same kind of depression you're in now. As much as I dislike the way C4V said it, you do need to change the way you think. Otherwise, things won't change.

(03-14-2011, 01:26 PM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Seriously, what's up with all the hating.
I don't like people like him who are to scared to live.
fudge man, you can give him as much tips and guides to follow as you want.
You can come up with as many metaphors and examples as you want. It will not help, at all.

You really think he'll change his behaviour because of your oh-so-sweet replies? fudge no.
What he needs is to be woken up out of his dream.

What's the real problem in his situation? Not the people around him, not his confidence, not his looks, not his resources.
It's him, it is his damn way of thinking.
He's expecting everything to come to him, just everything. And he doesn't even realise it.
Even now he's not actually trying to break the pattern. He's going on the web expecting other people to fix his problems for him.

To round this up;
None of the post in this thread will help him change his life. That's NOT how it works.
He must figure out himself what's wrong to be able to fix it. If he doesn't, he'll end up alone and miserable.

Call me harsh, call me ignorant, call me shallow, but I've been trough way more than most of you can imagine. I know what I'm talking about.

You've been through a lot hmm? I too have been through a lot. I watched as my first love betrayed me before my eyes, used me as a vent because her whole family was falling apart. Have you ever missed the person you fell in love with, even though they're standing right next to you?

For you, being an ass to you may have worked. I'm not trying to sugar coat what he needs. I do know that if I had been told the way you are telling him i would have ended up ridiculously depressed. I would have hated myself, and gotten worse with everything. You may not have needed some positive reinforcement, but you're not everyone. Don't act like your advice is the only true advice, because that's obviously not the case.

And I still don't understand how telling him he needs to stop being weak or his genes will die will give anyone the realization as to how to fix their problems.
There's many options though buddy, you just have to find a solution now, you have gotten advice, don't stay hidden, get out there & take risk.
Active
Yeah, you guys are correct... Unfortunately this weeks spring break but as soon as school starts back up next week i'll try what u guys said.. I'll try talking to some of them in my class and hopefully eventually that will give me enough courage to talk to that girl at work... but what u guys are saying is also what my friends say to me... that I don't try... I kinda understand what their saying that I don't try but at the same time I don't... its just that I get intimated by everyone... idk..
(03-13-2011, 10:52 PM)ThermalYew1 Wrote: It just seems like they all go for the jerks... and unfortunately im not like that... I'm a really quiet person and i'm totally lousy at making jokes... idk... it just gets annoying... it's gotten to the point that even at work my friends are starting to worry about me cause im always down... but I haven't told them what was bothering me.. I just think... i was meant to be alone...

you have no clue how much girls love guy's who actually know when to shut the fuc up
silence is NOT bad, it keeps you neatrul, you dont make or go back in progress
excessive talking is bad, you can annoy the fudge out of a chic and all that good stuff

just moderate them, with confidence issues alcohol is perfect, cause you just dont give a fudge about your self image and you become a completely different person

I must admit, even tho alot of girls think im 'fine' I still get shy alot, and I need a beer, or two, or pack just to get social...

(03-15-2011, 12:44 PM)ThermalYew1 Wrote: Yeah, you guys are correct... Unfortunately this weeks spring break but as soon as school starts back up next week i'll try what u guys said.. I'll try talking to some of them in my class and hopefully eventually that will give me enough courage to talk to that girl at work... but what u guys are saying is also what my friends say to me... that I don't try... I kinda understand what their saying that I don't try but at the same time I don't... its just that I get intimated by everyone... idk..

im exactly the same way. This crap sucks
and I have a lot of girls that are friends, and they know I am flirtatious so they dont care that I ask them so many 'romantic' questions and crap, but alot of girls honestly dont like the drunkin loud mouthed pric with poor hygine (so dont get to drunk)

you can also work out, girls love motivational dudes and crap
alot, if you have poor hygine get better
you know all that basic shyt
slowly getting better
You are all max 20 year old kids, you have been thro nothing.

I totally agree with C4, best advice I have seen in a long time.

Work for it OP, make girls want you. Show them how you can live life, how exiting you are.
Party, do different kinds of crazy stuff, show them that you are a fun person to be together with.
No girl is going fall to your lap.

C4 is right, we can not fix his problems for him, what happens if he gets a girl and comes back the rest of his life about what to do now and now.
We acn only guide him, give hints and boost him a little bit. He has to face his own problems, deal with them his own way, thats is real help.
No way you guys need to spoon feed him, that is opposite of helping him.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-16-2011, 12:25 AM)NekoChan Wrote: You are all max 20 year old kids, you have been thro nothing.

I totally agree with C4, best advice I have seen in a long time.

Work for it OP, make girls want you. Show them how you can live life, how exiting you are.
Party, do different kinds of crazy stuff, show them that you are a fun person to be together with.
No girl is going fall to your lap.

I'm older than 20, and have probably had more girlfriends than I can count on both hands.
Don't be so condescending.

Honestly, there is a chance a woman would fall into your lap.
a couple of mine have, I'm still dating one that did.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling excluded and need advise. Ukguinea 1 841 01-06-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: larzihops2
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 977 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Feeling Confused and Used any advice? sharkattack89 1 699 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  I have to end things with my GF and I'm so very sad about it -- feeling so alone soul3 0 616 07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: soul3
  Feeling violated Notrust87 3 854 02-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Last Post: FeaturedBmx