Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking the best administrator for your forums
I'm usually the only Admin on my previous forums, I pick friends as staff, though.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
I'd only give admin access to a person if it's absolutely necessary for the site.
Example: if administrating the said site requires too much work, and I have someone I could trust completely with it.

About staff, don't pick your friends. Pick only members who have been very active, mature, and contributing to the site, as they're more inspired/motivated to do the work, and actually care for the community, and all the work they've invested in the community makes them a part of it. Your outsider friends will probably be there for the title only, and lose motivation quickly.
(02-16-2011, 02:53 AM)Crow Wrote: I'd only give admin access to a person if it's absolutely necessary for the site.
Example: if administrating the said site requires too much work, and I have someone I could trust completely with it.

About staff, don't pick your friends. Pick only members who have been very active, mature, and contributing to the site, as they're more inspired/motivated to do the work, and actually care for the community, and all the work they've invested in the community makes them a part of it. Your outsider friends will probably be there for the title only, and lose motivation quickly.

Yeah, I'd say they should have been virtually staff before you made them that, in the paragon protect the forums way, not in the cocky ihavethepower kind of way.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.
If you need an Admin, I suggest finding someone you trust and knows what he's doing. Don't just give Admin to anyone. In an Admin, I look for dedication, respect, and knowledge. I wouldn't want an Admin that knows less about forums then me.
Be carful as a lot of people go admin and screw up your forum for "fun"

If I ever had to go through the process of giving someone administrator on my CMS or Forums. I would always see how they did with Mod or Super Mod. Then if after they performed good and did all that I expected of them. I tested them as admin. If they passed that too. They could have it.
[Image: linksig.png]
AIM: Link0207 | MSN: Link0207@Link0207.com | YIM: Link0207

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide on your Forums' Staff Team [MUST READ IF YOU OWN FORUMS] Tate 15 4,144 07-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Have you been a forum administrator? Eve 63 21,324 03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: RDCA
  Courses: Becoming an Administrator Lord_Scorch 50 5,914 07-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Eve