Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 slowly getting slower, now doesn't work.
Try and defragment your drives delete some useless data it should work after this .
(08-22-2011, 09:33 AM)charanbir™ Wrote: Try and defragment your drives delete some useless data it should work after this .

Just did it, nothing helped :/
If you don't need any of the files then hit an install of Linux, if you need the files then plug in a USB with Ubuntu on it and access the Windows partition and backup your needed files.
(08-22-2011, 08:40 PM)Reality Wrote: If you don't need any of the files then hit an install of Linux, if you need the files then plug in a USB with Ubuntu on it and access the Windows partition and backup your needed files.

Isn't linux all coding? No thanks, I will stick to windows. :/
(08-22-2011, 09:33 AM)charanbir™ Wrote: Try and defragment your drives delete some useless data it should work after this .

If his hard drive isn't fragmented then that won't do anything

(08-23-2011, 02:52 AM)Saga Wrote: Isn't linux all coding? No thanks, I will stick to windows. :/

All coding? what do you mean by that? It isn't, it's a regular desktop display. Nothing like just a dos command or terminal window. There is a terminal though that does various things for you, but it's essentially something similar to cmd prompt in Windows, with various other features.
(08-23-2011, 02:52 AM)Saga Wrote: Isn't linux all coding? No thanks, I will stick to windows. :/

No, it's not. Ubuntu Linux has a graphical installer, and after the install is finished, you may not need CLI depending on what you do. There are distributions such as Arch, Gentoo, etc. that have a CLI interface until you install GNOME or KDE or some other desktop environment, but Ubuntu comes with GNOME. There is also Kubuntu and Xubuntu, that come with KDE and XFCE respectfully. It's all up to you. I've used Linux for roughly 5 years, maybe 6, and never looked back. But, it's not Windows, you must keep that in mind (with an open mind) if you're to give Linux a shot.

Feel free to message me if you need help with Linux, man.
I see what your saying, idk, I like windows, I ended up fixing the problem by uninstalling mcafee then reinstalling it.
(08-23-2011, 05:30 PM)Saga Wrote: I see what your saying, idk, I like windows, I ended up fixing the problem by uninstalling mcafee then reinstalling it.

So you can run SFC and all that now?
(08-23-2011, 05:48 PM)Ace Wrote: So you can run SFC and all that now?
Still can't but everything works now... I'll work on that later.
(08-23-2011, 06:23 PM)Saga Wrote: Still can't but everything works now... I'll work on that later.

If that doesn't work, then "everything" doesn't work and uninstalling MCafee didn't solve your issue obviously. If SFC doesn't work, then you can't just work on it later, that's in your system32 folder and it's a system file, if you have that kind of corruption going on you can't just ignore it, your system will fail at some point, since you have no way of repairing it or reverting to an older "checkpoint" with system restore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XP doesn't install properly Explosions Hurt 3 538 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Air