Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 slowly getting slower, now doesn't work.
What should I do? I am running in safe mode now. In safe mode with networking it works 100%
It's getting slower because your hard drive will eventually fail lol. What did you expect with having so many errors and corrupt files on your system?

Your registry is probably messed up too now because it's using and getting data from all the wrong places for validity.
Exactly as said above... What did you really expect to happen >.>
[Image: komnewsig.png]
You're not going to fix it though , from what I can remember, you don't have system file checker available to you, no system repair, system restore doesn't even work, and you probably never set up an Image of your system because 90% of Windows 7 users don't i'm sure.

In this case I would recommend a system recovery. And you can blame it on the tech support person that didn't know what he was doing.
(08-21-2011, 04:17 PM)Ace Wrote: It's getting slower because your hard drive will eventually fail lol. What did you expect with having so many errors and corrupt files on your system?

Your registry is probably messed up too now because it's using and getting data from all the wrong places for validity.

I did AVG Tune Up 2011 and deleted most errors, deleted/repaired.
Try using speed up my PC 3 in safe mod should clear allot of junk
AVG Tune UP and similar programs sometimes cause a lot more trouble for the end user.

I would recommend a system restore and if that is not possible that a full re-install of the OS.

Good luck.
Actually A full reinstall would be best, thats all I ever do, But if the stuff is to much to backup then try whats been said in thread, I have to backup 400gb a time Sad
The amount of things I would lose would be horrible.
(08-21-2011, 05:09 PM)Saga Wrote: The amount of things I would lose would be horrible.
Is Saga from HF if so PM me on there and I'll help you out Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XP doesn't install properly Explosions Hurt 3 535 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Air