Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help. My computer is not working. Details inside.
(12-23-2009, 06:37 AM)kaigen Wrote: Hi ! probably I have the solution Smile I work in my free time repairing computers. You should try to obtain Hiren boot CD and be able to use it. Is very intuitive. When you boot it go in the hard drives section and select the application of your HDD manufacturer. I did it for install windows 7. I had to "clean" MBR(Master Boot Record) located on sector 0 in the HDD. It have the route for start your O.S. and probably it is wrote. You may clean it and do a FULL FORMAT for assure success.

Then you can boot by BIOS any CD and WINDOWS CD will format properly your HDD.

Write here with your results Smile if this don't works we might start to think that is a problem of the HDD
I expect you can solve this
Kaigen

I was looking for Hiren boot cd, and I found this page: http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd however, no download link is to be found. Will you please link me to a download?
(12-23-2009, 06:59 AM)Codine Wrote: Format using Bban, and install vista/win7

I googled bban and only found stuff about banks. Will you provide me with a link to Bban?
Download the torrent in Pirate Bay(http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5226251/...09%29__ET_)

I recommend uTorrent.
Lets see, useally blue screens would point to a os failure but im guessing thats not the case, so the other major thing would be your ram. I would check that first. if that doesn't fix it i would run a fix master boot record utility from your xp disk. If that doesn't work and sense you can't run linux (have you tried running it as a live cd?) Then either find a friend or use a computer you already have, run your messed up harddrive as a slave and format.
(12-24-2009, 10:56 PM)purduefreak4life Wrote: Lets see, useally blue screens would point to a os failure but im guessing thats not the case, so the other major thing would be your ram. I would check that first. if that doesn't fix it i would run a fix master boot record utility from your xp disk. If that doesn't work and sense you can't run linux (have you tried running it as a live cd?) Then either find a friend or use a computer you already have, run your messed up harddrive as a slave and format.

Hiren have all you need for check ALL possible failures if you're able to use it ;). AH! It have too a mini Windows XP Big Grin
(12-25-2009, 04:30 AM)kaigen Wrote: Hiren have all you need for check ALL possible failures if you're able to use it ;). AH! It have too a mini Windows XP Big Grin

The Hiren CD you linked me to is in russian, so it's very hard to use Sad
No don't do that, Boot using Ubuntu You want have any more security issues or viruses.
Try to get Hiren CD in English, use google Smile
here you can download Hirens boot cd http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

but just wondering... maybe you should try resetting the bios to fail safe defaults because maybe someone fudged up the bios settings, and then try doing memory test from hirens boot cd
Fixed, I just replaced the hard drive Big Grin
Good job fixing it! BTW it's not Bban, its Dban(Darik's Boot and Nuke).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB with files inside... invisible Tsunade 11 1,325 08-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Last Post: 【 ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ 】