Support Forums

Full Version: Help. My computer is not working. Details inside.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been trying to fix my computer for months now, and I think it's time I ask for some help. This is my computer. This computer is very interesting, in the way that is does not boot from any disks aside from the restore disks. For example, I tried installing XP and I got the blue screen of death. I tried to install vista and I got the blue screen of death. So, I tried to install Linux mint, ubuntu, fedora, and puppy dog. But once I got them installed, I couldn't use my mouse or keyboard. I searched around, and I found that I wasn't the only person having this problem. I wasn't able to find any answers though. I have given up trying to install a different operation system, so I turned back to my system restore disk. However, my system restore disks no longer recognize my hard drive. I took some pictures of my computer while attempting to boot it. You can view these here. I can't go to someone to get it fixed because it is to expensive, so any help is appreciated, thanks.
You tryed a new hard drive? if that fails it may be a fault with your motherboard.

If i was honestly you with that problem i would deffonatly by a cheap small Hard Drive, preferably 80gig, and id make sure inside the computer was free from dust etc.. take everything out of it like ram and you cards etc.. clean it out, if all fails take it to a computer shop.
Your restore disc doesn't recognize the hard drive now because it's ext3 or 4 whatever you did in Linux. Bad idea, you could have fixed this problem had you not changed the file system. You may be able to still but, I would have to see screen shots and also, your hardware- the cables could be out.
The restore disc is only able to pick up FAT or NTFS (Or whatever) file systems. Both Windows use.
(12-22-2009, 07:01 PM)mozzwigan Wrote: [ -> ]You tryed a new hard drive? if that fails it may be a fault with your motherboard.

If i was honestly you with that problem i would deffonatly by a cheap small Hard Drive, preferably 80gig, and id make sure inside the computer was free from dust etc.. take everything out of it like ram and you cards etc.. clean it out, if all fails take it to a computer shop.

Actually it could be the PSU.
(12-22-2009, 07:51 PM)Uhriventis Wrote: [ -> ]Your restore disc doesn't recognize the hard drive now because it's ext3 or 4 whatever you did in Linux. Bad idea, you could have fixed this problem had you not changed the file system. You may be able to still but, I would have to see screen shots and also, your hardware- the cables could be out.
The restore disc is only able to pick up FAT or NTFS (Or whatever) file systems. Both Windows use.

Actually it could be the PSU.

How can I reformat my computer to FAT or NTFS if I cant boot from anything?
First question does BIOS even recognize the drives?
Use a linux disk and you can format to fat32. Then during install of xp or whatever you can convert to NTFS simple.
(12-22-2009, 10:49 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Use a linux disk and you can format to fat32. Then during install of xp or whatever you can convert to NTFS simple.

When I use linux, I cant use my mouse or keyboard.
(12-22-2009, 09:54 PM)Uhriventis Wrote: [ -> ]First question does BIOS even recognize the drives?

How can I check?
nevets04 Wrote:When I use linux, I cant use my mouse or keyboard.

USB keyboard and mouse im guessing then?
Try hunt down an older wired one. Keyboard will do.

nevets04 Wrote:How can I check?

Hit Delete or F1 at boot to enter into bios mode then go to boot devices and you will see if your drives are there or not.
Hi ! probably I have the solution Smile I work in my free time repairing computers. You should try to obtain Hiren boot CD and be able to use it. Is very intuitive. When you boot it go in the hard drives section and select the application of your HDD manufacturer. I did it for install windows 7. I had to "clean" MBR(Master Boot Record) located on sector 0 in the HDD. It have the route for start your O.S. and probably it is wrote. You may clean it and do a FULL FORMAT for assure success.

Then you can boot by BIOS any CD and WINDOWS CD will format properly your HDD.

Write here with your results Smile if this don't works we might start to think that is a problem of the HDD
I expect you can solve this
Kaigen
Format using Bban, and install vista/win7
Pages: 1 2