Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video of me hitting
(01-20-2012, 07:38 PM)Pacman Wrote: At 31 Seconds, when you are swing your stance is openning up, which is very bad you want to keep it close and tight. Plus your foot at the end is aiming to the pitcher, your foot should be in the same direction as when you started. Also this could help you out, when you grp the bat make sure you knuckles are together

BTW is that a highschool in california?

Thank you, I do occasionally open up and need to work on that as well. Also, your front foot is supposed to slightly shift towards the mound, and especially with me because I lose my balance if I keep it how it started. It also helps when running to first. Thanks for the tip on staying closed, though. I'm a pitcher so the concepts are basically identical.

edit: at 0:31 I know why I opened up. I was about to swing, paused because the coach said something, and continued in the same motion. It threw me off.

No, it is not in California. Also, my knuckles were together.
(01-20-2012, 07:38 PM)Pacman Wrote: At 31 Seconds, when you are swing your stance is openning up, which is very bad you want to keep it close and tight. Plus your foot at the end is aiming to the pitcher, your foot should be in the same direction as when you started. Also this could help you out, when you grp the bat make sure you knuckles are together

BTW is that a highschool in california?

It all depends on his approach. I run a 3.7 to first base so I open up very early and always point my toe to the pitcher.
I love when people take comedy seriously, you fail OP.

Also he is a unfunny comedian? If so you are a fail baseball player. He is one of the most famous comedians in the world.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(01-20-2012, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: It all depends on his approach. I run a 3.7 to first base so I open up very early and always point my toe to the pitcher.

Uhm...the best runners can run a 3.5 and they are grown men. I highly doubt you ran a 3.7. The fastest would be Mickey Mantle at 3.1, but 3.7 is very far fetched for a freshmen.

(01-20-2012, 07:49 PM)NekoChan Wrote: I love when people take comedy seriously, you fail OP.

Also he is a unfunny comedian? If so you are a fail baseball player. He is one of the most famous comedians in the world.

I can take comedy...it is comedy. I laugh when it is true and funny. The link you posted was neither. I wasn't upset by him as much as by your comment on "switching" sports which was extremely arrogant.
(01-20-2012, 07:51 PM)Laugh Wrote: Uhm...the best runners can run a 3.5 and they are grown men. I highly doubt you ran a 3.7. The fastest would be Mickey Mantle at 3.1, but 3.7 is very far fetched for a freshmen.

(01-20-2012, 07:49 PM)NekoChan Wrote: I love when people take comedy seriously, you fail OP.

I can take comedy...it is comedy. I laugh when it is true and funny. The link you posted was neither. I wasn't upset by him as much as by your comment on "switching" sports which was extremely arrogant.

An MLB leadoff time is between 3.4 and 4.2 it's very possible.
Well then more power to you. If you're running a 3.7 freshmen year you'll be making record time by the time you graduate. People will want you just for that. I run a 4.4, which was the start of last year so God knows what I'm at now.
I could see where you'd think it's a bit far fetched but I work out everyday on running and agility outside of baseball I was originally a track athlete and if I don't get a scholarship to the school I want through baseball I might go for track. Although, the typical baseball scholarship is only about %20
This is why volleyball is a better sport than both of the aforementioned. Sorry, I had to. Umm, in regards to the OP, I'm no baseball master, but it seems as though your swing could have a bit of work done to it. I don't know what it is, might be torso rotation or your followthrough. You seem to be following through rather 'low'? As in, after contact, the bat continues going on a downwards gradient (perhaps causing groundballs) - if the action is aimed towards the ground, the product will be a ground ball? It seems, from where I'm sitting, that you're kind of relying on the ball hitting the top part of the bat to go upwards.

Hopefully you can see past my lack of knowledge in the sport and understand what I'm getting at. Who knows? I'm probably completely wrong.
You're completely right, but this is a problem I already mentioned in the original post haha. I need to fix it, but I tend to do this when hitting of the tee only (I hate hitting the tee itself so I compensate by hitting the top of the ball). In a live game, I naturally correct this problem. I would still like to eliminate it entirely.
Maybe you need a more 'downwards -> upwards' arc on your shot? You seem to be swinging directly back onto the ball, or with a downwards gradient, as I mentioned earlier. You can't get it going upwards simply by hitting it on an upwards gradient, you need to swing low and up at the correct time. fudge I sound like such an amateur. I don't think the issue is in your arms, but more in your torso/hip rotation.