Support Forums

Full Version: Video of me hitting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In preparation for the season, our team has been having practices in the winter to get better. Here's a clip of me hitting to focus on mechanics.

For any baseball players/coaches, what do you think? My problem now is, as you can see, my hands start out high and I end up swinging down which will result in groundballs. I need to lower my hands when I load up and I'll be on the right track.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD6bd3ZvSRY
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0[/yt]

Video of George telling you why to change sports Big Grin
You can't be serious, and if you are you're retarded. If you've ever played either baseball or football (which I can guarantee you haven't because of the ignorance displayed in your post), you'd understand that guy is a sarcastic douchebag.

For the first minute, he's basically unintentionally listing the reasons why baseball is unique while trying to slander it. The rest is him trying to make baseball seem like a "soft" sport for people who are scared to play contact sports like football. When the truth is, Baseball requires incredible amounts of talent in comparison to football.

That guy is an uninformed and terribly unfunny comedian. I can go on to explain why you cannot play baseball in the rain, and all the other bullcrap he mentioned but there would be no point.

Try contributing to the OP next time.
(01-20-2012, 05:17 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]You can't be serious, and if you are you're retarded. If you've ever played either baseball or football (which I can guarantee you haven't because of the ignorance displayed in your post), you'd understand that guy is a sarcastic douchebag.

For the first minute, he's basically unintentionally listing the reasons why baseball is unique while trying to slander it. The rest is him trying to make baseball seem like a "soft" sport for people who are scared to play contact sports like football. When the truth is, Baseball requires incredible amounts of talent in comparison to football.

That guy is an uninformed and terribly unfunny comedian. I can go on to explain why you cannot play baseball in the rain, and all the other bullcrap he mentioned but there would be no point.

Try contributing to the OP next time.

Quote:Baseball requires incredible amounts of talent in comparison to football.

You can't compare sports like that though. You're essentially doing the same thing NekoChan is doing by saying this.

Baseball requires no extra amount of skill in comparison to football. It's still a complex sport and requires a certain amount of agility and strength. Passes can happen in a split second with the power that some players can throw the ball and interceptions can happen just as fast. If in comparison, I would say it requires a little more accuracy than baseball, throwing to a pitcher is just as fast, but in baseball you don't have to deal with interceptions.

To sum things up, to each their own.
(01-20-2012, 05:50 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Baseball requires incredible amounts of talent in comparison to football.

You can't compare sports like that though. You're essentially doing the same thing NekoChan is doing by saying this.

Baseball requires no extra amount of skill in comparison to football. It's still a complex sport and requires a certain amount of agility and strength. Passes can happen in a split second with the power that some players can throw the ball and interceptions can happen just as fast. If in comparison, I would say it requires a little more accuracy than baseball, throwing to a pitcher is just as fast, but in baseball you don't have to deal with interceptions.

To sum things up, to each their own.

The majority of baseball positions require much more talent/skill than football. That is a fact. Being a quarterback or wide receiver is amazingly difficult, but that is only two positions. The whole line in football requires minimal skill. Anybody who is fit, huge, and can spend a day or two on proper tackling form can be a linebacker. If you're big and you play baseball...that doesn't make you immediately good at hitting. It takes much longer to learn the techniques in baseball than in football when it comes to that. You'd have to have played both sports to understand.
I'm going to tryout for baseball and probably not going to make it. Conditioning is on monday.

One thing that I saw from your position is that you didn't bend your knees.
Quote:The whole line in football requires minimal skill

This is where you're a bit misguided. Whether it's based on your lack of knowledge for football remains unknown, but it's basically the same mentality in the response NekoChan had given. Throwing and making sure the ball gets there fast, is just as tough as the pressure involved in knowing that you need to catch that ball on the run, while focusing on your surroundings, and making sure that you have the ability to change gameplay if something unexpected from the play happened.

Quote:Anybody who is fit, huge, and can spend a day or two on proper tackling form can be a linebacker

This is like saying anyone who can catch a ball, can be a catcher in baseball. They don't have to run, they just sit there and catch a ball.

Quote:If you're big and you play baseball...that doesn't make you immediately good at hitting

Same in football, you don't need to be big to tackle, there's small guys out there that can stop just as many people.

Quote:It takes much longer to learn the techniques in baseball than in football when it comes to that

Where's the stats in that to prove this? You're comparing "hitting" to something in baseball here? What about kicking in baseball, or catching, and throwing, in addition with speed and agility?

Quote:You'd have to have played both sports to understand.

Have you? And thoroughly enough to state this? Have you been every position on a football team?

I already stated that the two can't be compared at all period. There's little to no chance that a football player can swap places and have a chance at football and vice versa.
I respect both sports. Aggressive football is one of my favorite things to play and watch, while I enjoy that baseball requires more skill and not everybody can play it. As for Neko not being rude or anything but judging by a couple of pictures he's posted of himself I find it doubtful that he's played either sport at a high enough level to even join into the conversation.
(01-20-2012, 06:32 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Throwing and making sure the ball gets there fast, is just as tough as the pressure involved in knowing that you need to catch that ball on the run, while focusing on your surroundings, and making sure that you have the ability to change gameplay if something unexpected from the play happened.

Yes, that is all skill. I never once said football requires no skill. But I'm saying if I weighed 250lbs and was thrown in a football game as a linebacker, I could do my job adequately well if I knew anything about football. My goal would be "block this guy, don't let him past me." If you put a 165lbs guy who was in good shape at shortstop...could he play his position? No, there is too many things to know and understand before being able to play that position. Can they play any infield position? Only position I can think of would be first base, where you're mostly catching the ball and even then not everybody can even catch a ball with a glove.

Quote:This is like saying anyone who can catch a ball, can be a catcher in baseball. They don't have to run, they just sit there and catch a ball.
No, it isn't. As I said above a defensive linebacker's goal is to block. That is it. A catcher has so many more things that go into it. You need to..well for starters be able to track and catch a ball going anywhere from 70-90mph while having a guy in front of you swing a bat. Then you need to be able to throw down to a specific base, which takes a lot of practice to get the ball to the lower part of the bag in an instant.

Quote:Same in football, you don't need to be big to tackle, there's small guys out there that can stop just as many people.
You don't need to be big, but if you are: you can play. That doesn't apply in baseball.

Quote:Where's the stats in that to prove this? You're comparing "hitting" to something in baseball here? What about kicking in baseball, or catching, and throwing, in addition with speed and agility?
I meant hitting a baseball when you're up at bat. Not hitting a person in football. And you don't kick in baseball lol

Quote:Have you? And thoroughly enough to state this? Have you been every position on a football team?
Yeah I played baseball all my life and tight end/wide receiver freshmen year for football. I didn't like the sport much, even though I could do it well. I played enough to understand all the positions, you don't have to play every position to understand and appreciate it. I do not intend to slander any football position, but it's just common sense that the one sport requires more individual skills than the other.

Quote:I already stated that the two can't be compared at all period. There's little to no chance that a football player can swap places and have a chance at football and vice versa.
They can't be compared as a sport, yes. But the positions in the sport can be compared individually. A great quarterback makes a great pitcher, I've seen it happen. A great wide receiver makes a great outfielder. But no great linebacker would be great at any baseball position which is my original point. The majority of Football positions require less individual skills than the majority of Baseball positions.

(01-20-2012, 06:26 PM)skorch Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to tryout for baseball and probably not going to make it. Conditioning is on monday.

One thing that I saw from your position is that you didn't bend your knees.

They are bent enough to stay stable and be comfortable. Good luck with your tryout, and be a little more confident!

(01-20-2012, 06:42 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]I respect both sports. Aggressive football is one of my favorite things to play and watch, while I enjoy that baseball requires more skill and not everybody can play it. As for Neko not being rude or anything but judging by a couple of pictures he's posted of himself I find it doubtful that he's played either sport at a high enough level to even join into the conversation.

I respect both sports, as well. If I came off otherwise I apologize.
At 31 Seconds, when you are swing your stance is openning up, which is very bad you want to keep it close and tight. Plus your foot at the end is aiming to the pitcher, your foot should be in the same direction as when you started. Also this could help you out, when you grp the bat make sure you knuckles are together

BTW is that a highschool in california?
Pages: 1 2 3