Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Sleep Paralysis
I've had a few episodes of it in the past accompanied by a few nightmares.

Here are some (medically and professionally accurate) articles to answer your questions:

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art....lekey=9806

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-paralysis

Have a nice day.

Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
i find it very scary. I hear planes sounds and i can't move a muscle. Now i stopped experiencing it and i'm grateful. its very scary.
[Image: 9lcsqd.jpg]
I have had sleep paralysis over many years usually once every month or two. It is very creepy, if I'm sleeping on my back there's an old woman all dressed in back moving across the floor towards me slowly and she's wearing a veil so I can't really see her face but, she is laughing and if I fall asleep on my side I feel and hear something trying to climb up the side of my bed on the side my back is facing and then I hear a baby crying right behind me then in a child's voice I hear a lullaby being sung by a child right before I feels hands on my back.

If I wake up and don't stay awake for a while I'll go right back into sleep paralysis. Once there was a shadow of a man standing in the corner and once at my grandma's when I was younger I was sleeping on her couch and there's was this thing that looked kind of like Golem off of the Lord of the Ring movie and he started to come over the back of her couch but, he came over backwards and he kind of slithered over it like a snake but, he was way scarier than Golem.

The stuff that happens to me is freaky as hell and I don't think there's anything i can do about it.
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
Eh sleep paralysis >.>, I've always thought of it as a term given not to make others scared. I get it, maybe like once a month average but honestly I think that it has something to do with spiritual forces, some of you may think that sounds crazy but spirits do exist. The first time I got it was at my grandmother's house, had a dream that my head got cut off and I was dying then I woke up and couldn't move or talk and I saw a white figure at the corner of my right eye. Got scared and started praying then it went away and I was back to normal. Another one I won't forget was when I woke up with it and started hearing a lot of voices, talking to me at once. Kinda freaky but I've gotten used to it ;P
Help me hatch my egg please ;P[Image: BmT8.gif]
[Image: Evo-Sig2.jpg]
(10-27-2009, 09:47 AM)Evo Wrote: Eh sleep paralysis >.>, I've always thought of it as a term given not to make others scared. I get it, maybe like once a month average but honestly I think that it has something to do with spiritual forces, some of you may think that sounds crazy but spirits do exist. The first time I got it was at my grandmother's house, had a dream that my head got cut off and I was dying then I woke up and couldn't move or talk and I saw a white figure at the corner of my right eye. Got scared and started praying then it went away and I was back to normal. Another one I won't forget was when I woke up with it and started hearing a lot of voices, talking to me at once. Kinda freaky but I've gotten used to it ;P

I think this belongs in the Schizophrenia thread.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Some of the people above need to try and get their problems solved. Go and see a doctor if you haven't already. He/she should provide some form of medication which will help control it.

If I had this problem I would see a doctor immediately.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-27-2009, 09:47 AM)Evo Wrote: Eh sleep paralysis >.>, I've always thought of it as a term given not to make others scared. I get it, maybe like once a month average but honestly I think that it has something to do with spiritual forces, some of you may think that sounds crazy but spirits do exist. The first time I got it was at my grandmother's house, had a dream that my head got cut off and I was dying then I woke up and couldn't move or talk and I saw a white figure at the corner of my right eye. Got scared and started praying then it went away and I was back to normal. Another one I won't forget was when I woke up with it and started hearing a lot of voices, talking to me at once. Kinda freaky but I've gotten used to it ;P

I think you're crazy. Spirits and all of that paranormal stuff only exists if you believe in it. I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that, so therefore, I will never see one. It all has to do with your mind and what you let enter it.
Jeez, I thought my case was bad, reading the above posts made me curl. =| Good luck to all of you, hopefully it somehow stops.

It's pretty crazy though, although I'm not scared from what I see, because it's very minor, I still wake up with a beating heart, but then I just go to sleep. Usually I just get some weird shadows and some type of noise that's hard to explain. For example, you're blasting very loud music and you dunk your head into water, that's what it sounds like.

Also, thanks for the articles s0rath.

Quote:I think you're crazy. Spirits and all of that paranormal stuff only exists if you believe in it. I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that, so therefore, I will never see one. It all has to do with your mind and what you let enter it.

I agree in this.
Yeah, a lot of people experience different noises. Some don't experience any at all. I think the scariest one that I've read about is like a train going really fast, a bee buzzing, or a girl screaming. All sound very frightening.
(10-27-2009, 07:50 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Yeah, a lot of people experience different noises. Some don't experience any at all. I think the scariest one that I've read about is like a train going really fast, a bee buzzing, or a girl screaming. All sound very frightening.

I remember one time it was very odd. It was like I was hearing Star Wars. It sounded like the sound that light sabers make.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My boyfriend can't sleep DiceyOne90 11 1,961 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  Can't sleep. Mark Zuckerberg 33 4,346 09-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Stєєz
  Can't Sleep | Too Much on My Mind | Too Stressed Deceive 12 7,501 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Mayhem
  lack of sleep o.O saint.slacker 8 1,329 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shelby
  Sleep disorders? Socrates 6 1,203 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Solidify