Support Forums

Full Version: Sleep Paralysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone else get it? I've got it a few times, all within a span of a few months from each other. It's more psychological than emotional, but this is the best place to post it I guess.

I had no idea what sleep paralysis was until I read about it. Funny, because a few weeks later I actually experienced it, isn't that weird? It's like I set myself up indirectly.

Anyways, usually when I get it, it's just that typical shadow heart-trembling sh*t. It doesn't frighten me, seeing how I just close my eyes and go back to sleep. I've read that you can control it, like, do whatever you want under paralysis. That'd be awesome if I learned how. Also, I'm not sure if this is sleep paralysis, but one day I woke up and I couldn't breath, and I obviously couldn't move because of paralysis. I had to try so hard to open my mouth.

One of my teachers this year told us that she gets that same reoccurring theme where a killer walks into her room with a knife. That gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Anyways, anyone else get it? Post your experiences, I'm interested.
When i was younger, i used to get this quit frequently, i would wake up and could barely move my fingers, my body anything. But i'm 17 now, and the only time i get it is when i wake up in a shock.
(10-22-2009, 07:12 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]When i was younger, i used to get this quit frequently, i would wake up and could barely move my fingers, my body anything. But i'm 17 now, and the only time i get it is when i wake up in a shock.

That's so weird. I'm 17 and it seems that it's more concentrated right now. I've never had it when I was younger.
(10-22-2009, 07:15 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually a quadriplegic, so this is an everyday thing for me.

You can't be serious. I'm sorry to say but I'd hate to be you. :-( You don't get those terrifying dreams though, or do you?
(10-22-2009, 07:13 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: [ -> ]That's so weird. I'm 17 and it seems that it's more concentrated right now. I've never had it when I was younger.
I think i was told a while back that is was caused by dreams, and thoughts in your sleep. Because i used to have horrible dreams. Like sometimes, i would wake up crying, and on occasion, i would wake up in my basement, it scared the crap out of me. Then i went through a phase at about 15 where i would just wake up freaking out and throwing stuff and swinging. I was told it's completely mental and goes away. That's just my experience.
Quote:I've read that you can control it, like, do whatever you want under paralysis.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is possible. You are, however, lucky that you don't experience such settings as your teacher does. Having such fantasies, whether they are dark or not, is very common amongst sufferers of SP. I've never had it, though. I remember learning about it when learning about sleeping with your eyes open, and I was so afraid I'd experience it throughout the next week, but I never did. No one in my family has ever had it, thankfully.
(10-22-2009, 07:17 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]I think i was told a while back that is was caused by dreams, and thoughts in your sleep. Because i used to have horrible dreams. Like sometimes, i would wake up crying, and on occasion, i would wake up in my basement, it scared the crap out of me. Then i went through a phase at about 15 where i would just wake up freaking out and throwing stuff and swinging. I was told it's completely mental and goes away. That's just my experience.

Yeah, I'm sure stress plays a role too.

(10-22-2009, 07:18 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is possible. You are, however, lucky that you don't experience such settings as your teacher does. Having such fantasies, whether they are dark or not, is very common amongst sufferers of SP. I've never had it, though. I remember learning about it when learning about sleeping with your eyes open, and I was so afraid I'd experience it throughout the next week, but I never did. No one in my family has ever had it, thankfully.

Yeah, but my teacher has a good heart though. She's always joyful. I feel bad for her in a way that her SP is so crucial when she is so nice and cheerful all of the time during school.

By the way, you should've seen me after reading about it. I literally didn't go to sleep until the sun came out for at least a week. Thank God it was summer. =\
(10-22-2009, 08:24 PM)PaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]MreGSX, I thought you drove a GSX, and are you using Speech-to-text, or what?

Actually I was just being a troll. Haha. You should probably delete that lol.

Didn't realize this wasn't OSHIT.
(10-22-2009, 08:32 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I was just being a troll. Haha. You should probably delete that lol.

Didn't realize this wasn't OSHIT.

Obvious troll is obvious. Nah, I'm just kidding, I really had no idea. =\
I have never experienced this and quite frankly, I am glad I haven't.

I know of a few friends who experience it and have often had many sleepless nights. I feel sorry for them as it's out of their natural control.

If it ever happens to me, who knows what'd happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4