Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft security_essentials.
(10-16-2009, 08:30 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Okay, so yeah it detected everything I threw at it, and as I said, it uses VERY little resources. (less than avast!)

This type of AV is meant for experienced users. It doesn't have a firewall, doesn't notify you of phishing sites, have a sandboxing feature or anything like that. It finds and deletes malware, which is all I need. Also, it has a pretty GUI. I think I'm going to keep using it, actually.

+Recommended.

Your FUD trojans, did Avast detect it before or was microsoft security the first AV that detected it?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(10-17-2009, 08:51 AM)n4q Wrote: Your FUD trojans, did Avast detect it before or was microsoft security the first AV that detected it?

Only Kaspersky (this may have changed, I haven't re-uploaded them in a few weeks) detected some on NoVirusThanks. The trojan that Elektrisk is referring to hasn't been detected by anything as of yet.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

So would anyone recommend this over Kaspersky?
(10-17-2009, 08:58 AM)n4q Wrote: So would anyone recommend this over Kaspersky?

Kaspersky is an entire suite which has a lot of features. This is just a simple low resource anti-virus which finds and removes malware, which is all I need.

It all depends on preference. The detection rates are on-par with Kaspersky, though.

(10-17-2009, 09:00 AM)MreGSX Wrote: The detection rates are on-par with Kaspersky, though.

That's all I wanted to know, thank you. I'll be using this now.
So if I was only using Avast Pro, then I guess it's a good choice to go ahead and use this from now on. What do you guys think?
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-17-2009, 07:05 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: So if I was only using Avast Pro, then I guess it's a good choice to go ahead and use this from now on. What do you guys think?

That's what I did. I'm satisfied with my results thus far.

I'm also using Keyscrambler/Iobit Security 360. (click my signature)

(10-17-2009, 07:06 PM)MreGSX Wrote: That's what I did. I'm satisfied with my results thus far.

I'm also using Keyscrambler/Iobit Security 360. (click my signature)

Right-o! I will look into this also. It doesn't interfere with Security Essentials does it? Or not that you know of or can tell?
(10-17-2009, 07:12 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: Right-o! I will look into this also. It doesn't interfere with Security Essentials does it? Or not that you know of or can tell?

Nah, it doesn't interfere with any AV that I know. I've tested them running together, they seem to do so well.

(10-17-2009, 07:14 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Nah, it doesn't interfere with any AV that I know. I've tested them running together, they seem to do so well.

Alright then sir, it sounds good to me. Thanks. I'll be sure to read through some of your other thread posts to see if you've introduced anything else that will be of use to me. Thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eset AV vs Microsoft Security Essentials Kharnage 21 13,849 12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Hex
  Microsoft Security Essentials [Download] Viciousness 9 3,537 11-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Viciousness