Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Forums Starting To Pick Up Nicely
I did not know there was a award being offered at HF for members here who post.
Now this will ultimately do only 1 thing. IMHO
Generate false stats. By false i mean not natural stats. A very similar result to paying for posts really.
Sure you will get loads of crap posts and loads of users that will ultimately leave.
Also given its a Support forum and at times people will ask advice and want answers not just post count. This could work negatively.
The real side effect i feel is some decent threads like this one for example that has loads of facts and some good debate will ultimately get reduced somewhat with spammy type posts.
These are simply my opinions and far from fact. Fact is i own a forum with worse stats than here so i cant compete or compare.
I do however think there is a cure. Members need to hit the report button more as stipulated in an earlier post.
And ultimately and unfortunately for the staff here they may need to monitor it for some time in order to keep it at bay.
Another fact worth knowing and noting is this. Despite the fact i argue the point in this thread i am here.
Why? 3 reasons. I respect Omni, I hope to offer help and there are some really cool members here.
This post is getting a bit long.
ps. Seems i post after all your posts Mike so i will say gday to you also lol.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Support Forums Starting To Pick Up Nicely - by DAMINK™ - 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 5,514 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,967 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,662 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 15,754 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 8,423 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus