Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XP Compatibility
I have a program made for windows XP but i have Vista, I know how to use Compatibility mode but it isn't running, a pop-up, that says Runtime error, pops-up every time i try, my question is is their something I'm missing? Before you say try running it as an Administrator, I already tried that.
-Aelita
Ins't it possible that it's not compatible whatsoever? I mean you can try and run for different versions but it might be just for XP? Don't quote me on that though.
that may be, but why wouldn't it work in windows XP Compatibility mode when the recommended Operating system is Windows XP? And when I tried to eject the disk with the eject button on the CD/DVD ROM drive nothing happened so I went to Computer clicked the D:\ Drive once then clicked eject and I got an error, I got the disk out but I had to restart my computer to do it.
-Aelita
Hmm, sounds like your .NET Framework has "ran out".
Please update to atleast 3.5!
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(01-29-2011, 05:52 AM)MortenMoulder Wrote: Hmm, sounds like your .NET Framework has "ran out".
Please update to atleast 3.5!

How do I do that?
-Aelita
see if you can get your hands on a copy of win 7 ultimate it has a virtual machine called xp mode built in which comes in very handy.That was one of the first reasons why i upgraded in the first place too as vista is just a bag of s**t
[Image: dating.png]<-----Click Here!!!! Learn how to be the guy that gets the girl + FREE mobile dating
(01-29-2011, 01:04 PM)NinJa_12 Wrote: see if you can get your hands on a copy of win 7 ultimate it has a virtual machine called xp mode built in which comes in very handy.That was one of the first reasons why i upgraded in the first place too as vista is just a bag of s**t

I know Windows 7 has XP mode and I'm trying to get it.
-Aelita
Download and install .NET Framwork version 3.5 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en
Then post back how the program that is made for XP is running in compatibility mode.

~J4mmy
[Image: siggp.png]