Support Forums

Full Version: XP Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a program made for windows XP but i have Vista, I know how to use Compatibility mode but it isn't running, a pop-up, that says Runtime error, pops-up every time i try, my question is is their something I'm missing? Before you say try running it as an Administrator, I already tried that.
Ins't it possible that it's not compatible whatsoever? I mean you can try and run for different versions but it might be just for XP? Don't quote me on that though.
that may be, but why wouldn't it work in windows XP Compatibility mode when the recommended Operating system is Windows XP? And when I tried to eject the disk with the eject button on the CD/DVD ROM drive nothing happened so I went to Computer clicked the D:\ Drive once then clicked eject and I got an error, I got the disk out but I had to restart my computer to do it.
Hmm, sounds like your .NET Framework has "ran out".
Please update to atleast 3.5!
(01-29-2011, 05:52 AM)MortenMoulder Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, sounds like your .NET Framework has "ran out".
Please update to atleast 3.5!

How do I do that?
see if you can get your hands on a copy of win 7 ultimate it has a virtual machine called xp mode built in which comes in very handy.That was one of the first reasons why i upgraded in the first place too as vista is just a bag of s**t
(01-29-2011, 01:04 PM)NinJa_12 Wrote: [ -> ]see if you can get your hands on a copy of win 7 ultimate it has a virtual machine called xp mode built in which comes in very handy.That was one of the first reasons why i upgraded in the first place too as vista is just a bag of s**t

I know Windows 7 has XP mode and I'm trying to get it.
Download and install .NET Framwork version 3.5 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en
Then post back how the program that is made for XP is running in compatibility mode.

~J4mmy