Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Me With Flash?
Yes, you do. You need Adobe Flash to edit .flv files, preferably CS4, although not required.
Let me tell you, it's easiest to just learn at least the basics of XML + ActionScript (the scripting language Flash uses) before attempting to edit a template. I've tried editing a Flash template without knowing Flash, and it's not like editing an HTML template in Dreamweaver; you have to know what you are doing to edit it the way you want. Flash looks really nice, but takes a long time to master. I suggest if you really want to use the template, go to lynda.com and get "Adobe Flash CS4 Essential Training" and "ActionScript 3.0 Essential Training". This website is great and teaches subjects very well. I've used tutorials from there to learn HTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver, and I plan to use it to learn Fireworks and Flash.
You need to upload all the files. Except the .fla files. There your working files.
As for flash. Its not that hard really.
All about layers and timeline. Actionscript on the other hand is a bit complicated. But there are ways to work that out. Script assist helps.
As for what version of flash. Well i actually have CS4 and Flash 8 Pro and choose to use 8 Pro over CS4 just because its easier to use and i know my way around it better.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Alright, I will check those out guys.
Thanks!

(12-17-2009, 09:05 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: You need to upload all the files. Except the .fla files. There your working files.

So if I upload all of those, when I go to my hosting it will look like the index?
[Image: jcXtui.png]
Yes it will mate. If you like i will upload it onto my own server so you can see it?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(12-18-2009, 05:29 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yes it will mate. If you like i will upload it onto my own server so you can see it?

Yeah man, That would be great.
[Image: jcXtui.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want to start a flash game website. Bill Nye The Science Guy 6 1,274 03-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  Wordpress flash plugin NekoChan 1 741 01-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Last Post: NekoChan
  10 Flash Templates Activeden XML V3 Exalboz 4 1,670 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  Redirecting non flash supported people kaosjon 2 810 07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Last Post: djakariuz
  How to make a Flash website from scratch Mastermrz 3 1,346 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Slurms Makenzi