Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope?
(01-11-2012, 06:37 AM)Techie. Wrote: I'm not addicted to anything you posted.

Those where examples... You also never answered the question, of this thread. I would suggest reading over it again?
I just keep doing them, I just let it be. I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, but I do chew. I wish I did not, but I can't really do anything about it. I'm already addicted and It's going to be really hard to stop. I even have a dip in at the moment, but I'm not going to take it out. Anyway, we all have out problems and we will not always overcome them. We just have to learn to live with our problems and outlast them as long as we can. I also smoke pot, but I have no desire to stop right now. I am enjoying life as much as I can right now and am not going to deal with my problems at this moment. Good luck to everyone attempting to overcome their problems and addictions.
How do I cope? I realize what the problem is, and if it bothers me a lot I figure out how to fix it. If it's a mental issue like a death in the family I simply do not think about it. I can bring myself to tears if I think about some of my loved ones who passed away but who doesn't hat help? No one. It is healthy to cry and vent once in awhile but mourning forever over bad things will not do anything but bring you down.

I drink socially only. I smoked one cigarette in my life and told myself "I'm not going to start this," and told my friends that. They said that it is fine and I tossed the cig. Drugs for me don't solve problems. I love to get high, but I do it for that reason: I love it. It's awesome. I don't escape my problems through any drug. As for fighting, I've hardly had any reasonable situations to start a fight. When I was in middle school there was one situation, but I was in a depressed time before I understood who I was and before I became somebody at my school. I didn't defend myself, but now that I let people know that I will defend myself: the physical issues never start in the first place. Fighting just isn't for me, but if it happens I will fight without a doubt.

I do have a very satisfying life, however. I understand social-physiology and know how to react in many situations. I'm simply myself and get respect for that. I don't need other people's approval to do something with my life. It all comes natural to me I suppose which has made me extremely happy with what I have.

Here is an example about how I make my life is satisfying as well. Last week, my grandmother passed away. My dad's family (and my Dad) were devastated but it was very expected. She had a stroke about 12 years prior and her time had finally come. During the two wake intervals, and the funeral, I didn't tear up. Even seeing the biggest men (my uncles) tear up from the death of their own mother didn't bring me to tears. I could see them crying, and it doesn't make me cry...but if I sit there and analyze the situation I will in fact bring myself to tears. "Wow...I barely got to know her and she was such an amazing women. But this same women was their mother...imagine if my mother was dead? I don't know what I'd do." I immediately feel for them. How do I prevent this? Simply don't think about it too much. Accept it for what it is.

I am so blessed to have both my parents. I can't say what effect it will have on me to see my mother or father, currently both vibrant with life, old and slowly dying. Even worse, seeing them dead. I don't know what'd I do. So I don't think about it much, I enjoy the time I have with them now. It is inevitable, but all I'm saying is don't linger on the bad things, even the little events during the day that don't make you happy. Enjoy the good things and you'll come to accept the bad things, but don't forget or deny it happened.