Support Forums

Full Version: Graphics card over heating.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, my graphics card keeps over heating, not sure why.

Its causing my PC to turn off.

Pics of cooling system.

Specifications:

Processor:
AMD Phenom x2 Black Edition

Ram:
OCX Reaper DDR2 Dual channel 4GB

Graphics Card:
HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB GDDR5

Case:
Cooler Master Storm Scout Mid tower

Power Supply:
Storm - 700W ATX
Looks a little dusty in there...try getting it all out with some computer duster like this.
Also, tie wires together and move them out of the way to increase airflow and maybe get another fan if there's room in your case.
Your graphics card could not be plugged in all the way or there's a fault with your cooling system cooling your GFX like it's not reaching it or there's something blocking the GFX from the fan and it's not blowing on it?!?!?
Clean the dust out, do a better job on cable management, and get better fans.
Definitely clean out all the dust. Dust can cause a lot more problems than you'd think.

You could also try replacing the thermal paste on the card with some Arctic Silver 5 (or something similar), but you probably shouldn't try if you don't know what you're doing.
your cable management is bad, Good cable management=good airflow, plus give additional details for your problems, is it overheating even the computer is idle or your playing or what?
it looks pretty dusty, try cleaning it and add an additional fan near the GPU if it doesnt work.
Clean the dust out, and set your fans to a higher speed.
Clean the dust. Are those 120mm fans blowing inwards?! If so turn them round, they should be blowing air out.
(07-08-2010, 07:48 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]Clean the dust. Are those 120mm fans blowing inwards?! If so turn them round, they should be blowing air out.

Why should they be blowing out? I have a 120mm fan made to blow air in...
Pages: 1 2 3