Support Forums

Full Version: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
In my opinion anonymous rep should be done away with. I personally think that it encourages the reputaton abuse. It kind of make one think; I'm going to negative rep this person for no reason at all and know one will ever know.

Now, I know for a fact every one hates discussing reputation, bur I feel very strongly about this so please vote and leave feedback.

Perfect example:

[Image: 2ypkb46.jpg]
I would have to agree with this, anon rep will only to abuse, as well as multi -repping on same user accounts. Id also suggest placing a rule of 1 account per ip as other forums have in place to further negate rep abuse.
(04-09-2010, 11:47 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion anonymous rep should be done away with. I personally think that it encourages the reputaton abuse. It kind of make one think; I'm going to negative rep this person for no reason at all and know one will ever know.

Now, I know for a fact every one hates discussing reputation, bur I feel very strongly about this so please vote and leave feedback.

I so agree with this cause i know i would be pissed if someone negative reped me and i had no idea who it was. Should just be like HF is
Hi, hockeynut35.

Anonymous reputation giving/taking will only bring reputation abuse. Let's not turn this into HF, shall we?

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Exactly what Malware Boss said.. It will only bring abuse to this board..
Iam Against anomymous Reps
Anonymous rep is actually really helpfull. If you -rep someone anonymously he can't revange rep or anything.
But if someone anonymously -reps you, without a good reason you can contact a staff member. They can see who gave the rep, and remove it.

Removing some bad -reps is easyer than removing all kinds of revange reps.
Hi, C4Vendetta.

That's true, though it will create massive reputation abuse still. So much so, Moderators would have a tough time keeping up with it.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
I believe that since no abuse of reputation is recorded, it should be taken away.
I'm going to have to agree with you, hockeynut. It just gives a chance for someone to give rep to another member and nobody will find out. I think that's rep abuse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13