Support Forums

Full Version: Google, Bing and Yahoo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we should have a discussion on the search engines of today and possibly tomorrow.

Google - the biggest search engine of all. It seems they want to seep inot every bit of technology, they have a mobile range, doc software (google docs) and the list goes on...

Yahoo - To some it is the competitor of yesterday, it's hits going down wheile Google's and Bing's are going up. Nice portal. Bad url imo.

Bing - the search engine of Microsoft, a computing giant. Gaining market share at a good pace until when it reaches 45-50% where I thik it will be an uphill battle. Has a deal with Yahoo for it's searches being run by Bing. Successor to Live Search which failed to challenge Google. It is also another "front" for Microsoft's war against Google.

What is your opinion? What are the facts?
I prefer Google over Bing and Yahoo.
I personally prefer Google over Bing or Yahoo.
I'm more familiar with Google than the others too.
I have not used Bing or Yahoo, and I do not plan to. Google all the way.
I prefer Google over Bing and Yahoo. I use Google on a regular basis and Yahoo now and then. I have never used Bing and don't plan on doing.
Bing is too slow for me.
Google loads almost instantly. Big Grin
I'm a loyal fan to Google so anything they do is pretty much my favorite.
Well for personal searches certainly its the big G for me all the way.
But at times we all must factor in the other engines if your wanting a successful website.
Lets face it. Default your browser will not use google for its search and i have seen time and time again people just use the default search engine there pc come with. Yep those damn IE users. You know the ones im talking about Smile
But they do make up a portion of the net so it needs to be factored in.
Google for universal search, Yahoo for news, and Bing for er....contests?
I like what Bing is doing so far in terms of layout and search relevence. However the habit of searching with Google has become very strong. It's like second nature.
Pages: 1 2