Support Forums

Full Version: Unlocking software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering about the software the companies use to unlock cell phones. You know where you go to the website and give em your iphone code and they let you use verizon or any other provider. I was wondering if I could get mky hands on the software they use. If so where do i get it.
Im dorry if this is illegal to get this software im just curious because id like to unlock my new phone without paying an outragous amount of money
http://www.pcworld.com/article/137223/ho...phone.html

I've only jailbroken mine, as I'm on at&t, but that should help you.

Just so you know, the iphone is most likely going to be on Verizon soon.

EDIT: It's not illegal.
i mean unlocking it not jailbreaking it because I want to use tmobile on my phone that was an example because I bought a matrix for cheap and I have a tmobile sim card I just need to activate it and dont want to pay I want the software used to get you the code to unlock it.
(11-30-2009, 03:57 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.pcworld.com/article/137223/ho...phone.html

I've only jailbroken mine, as I'm on at&t, but that should help you.

Just so you know, the iphone is most likely going to be on Verizon and other providers early next year.

EDIT: It's not illegal.

I thought jailbreaking was illegal, then again i don't have a iPhone so i don't care that much lol.
(11-30-2009, 03:59 PM)yuenowo Wrote: [ -> ]i mean unlocking it not jailbreaking it because I want to use tmobile on my phone that was an example because I bought a matrix for cheap and I have a tmobile sim card I just need to activate it and dont want to pay I want the software used to get you the code to unlock it.

That is unlocking, not jailbreaking. I was just stating I haven't unlocked mine, just jailbroken.

And no, jailbreaking isn't illegal.
so no one knows?
(11-30-2009, 08:53 PM)yuenowo Wrote: [ -> ]so no one knows?

Dude, as stated, my post above will show you how to unlock your phone. Read the tutorial.

IT IS NOT JAILBREAKING.
what about a pantech matrix or any other phone. Where can i get unlocking tools?
Most of those websites are scams.
You need to fiddle with a thing called baseband. Different for every phone. I doubt you will be able to find a program that can do more then one, or anything close to free.
(11-30-2009, 03:57 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Just so you know, the iphone is most likely going to be on Verizon soon.

Verizon is taking direct hits at AT&T, the iPhone and Apple's handling of the whole iPhone development situation with their new advertisements, I doubt Apple would give Verizon the iPhone when they are saying it's so bad; it would be bad for Verizon's reputation and even though Apple would get a sales spike at first it would be bad for them as well.
Pages: 1 2