Support Forums

Full Version: Batch file to shutdown computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There isn't really a section for this, so I'll post it here.

I'm currently tricking out my desktop and I would like to make a small batch file that when I click it it asks "Are you sure you want to shutdown?" with two buttons, Okay and cancel.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to make the question an alert (pop out) message?

I haven't done anything with batch files in ages, and I'm not sure what to search in Google. All that is returned is the echo function (do not want)
I don't think you can do this in batch, but i'm pretty sure you can do it in VBS.
Yeah, I'm just going to make a splash screen type application with two buttons.

(in Visual Basic)
Yeah, that would probably be your best bet. But then how are you going to get the ok or cancel button to work in the batch? Wouldn't it be best to make it in visual basic?
I didn't think that far ahead! haha, I have no idea :S

I can also use pictures as buttons in VB.

I've coded it, I just want to make it fade in (splash screen style)
Yeah, i'd stick with just building it in vb to be honest, it would be so much easier. May i ask why are you actually making this, bordum? or do you actually need it?
I actually need it, haha.

I'm currently customizing my desktop with BBLean blackbox shell. Thought it would be cool to put some power/restart buttons in the top corner...
Ahh i see, i think i could make some use of this too, if your willing to send me it after you've created it. Smile
If Im not wrong then this could be easily done in Autoit.
I don't really know what that is, But I would like to do it in VB as I need to jump back on the horse. I have stopped coding for so long and now I've started to forget things (such as how to make a cmdExit button).
Pages: 1 2