Support Forums

Full Version: What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am interested in learning more about graphic design. What is the best design software to learn?
Depends on what are interested in learning, there are different kind of graphics.
Are you interested in pixel art, vector, razter?
Beginners i would use Cinema 4d r12 and photoshop ;)
You can't go wrong with Photoshop Smile
adobe photoshop is a good choice.Oui
Photoshop is the best choice, but not the cheapest.
If you want something that's free > GIMP is the way you need to go !
I usually create something in photoshop, then transfer and re-save it in paint anyway. Photoshop seems to enjoy appending it's profile into the bytestream of it's output files, which sometimes adds a considerable amount in filesize.
(01-22-2012, 03:44 PM)Lost. Wrote: [ -> ]Beginners i would use Cinema 4d r12 and photoshop ;)

Cinema 4D is a 3D design & animation program, and can be quite tricky to get the hang of, so why you would recommend that to a beginner as a graphic design program I don't know. Also, why are you recommending R12, when R13 is the latest release?
(01-23-2012, 12:12 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]I usually create something in photoshop, then transfer and re-save it in paint anyway. Photoshop seems to enjoy appending it's profile into the bytestream of it's output files, which sometimes adds a considerable amount in filesize.

Is that ever really an issue though? I can't think of many occasions where I've had troubles with images because of their file size, unless the image was huge and at a high resolution, in which case you'd need to learn how to optimize your save settings.
I couldn't imagine myself transferring everything I do into Paint just to shave off a few file bytes though.
Each to their own I guess.
(01-23-2012, 12:05 PM)Shattering - Wrote: [ -> ]Photoshop is the best choice, but not the cheapest.
If you want something that's free > GIMP is the way you need to go !

Def. not the brightest answer, I would like you to beat Corel with Photoshop on vectors.

(01-23-2012, 10:12 AM)Gerira Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]You can't go wrong with Photoshop Smile

Yes, yes you can.
Photoshop is actually a great tool to start with seeing tutorials and whatnot are all over the web
Pages: 1 2 3