Support Forums

Full Version: SOPA Denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Now that that’s out of the way: we did it! You did it, I did it, other people did it: together, we all got the message out that SOPA is a horrible idea and successfully got that message to our politicians, forcing them to take action. Either that, or the lobbyists that support the big Silicon Valley corporations got their way with Obama by threatening to withdraw support. But either way, SOPA is dead. Read all about the timeline of events leading to SOPA’s quick demise this past weekend at Washington Monthly. How come it didn’t work with NDAA? But I digress.
Awesome! What's the status on PIPA?
And protect IP is being voted on January 24th so the problem is still existent. Why do you think there is two bills? One will get denied, then everyone thinks they won and forget about the other.
It's against both bills, so I'm told.
That's good news, I'm not sure how much it will effect me (Being in the UK) but it's definately a great step to safe guarding Internet freedom in the US.
Wait, is this real? Is SOPA really denied? Let me google that.
EDIT: I Don't see articles that it's really denied.. :/ ?
(01-19-2012, 02:22 AM)Shattering - Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, is this real? Is SOPA really denied? Let me google that.
EDIT: I Don't see articles that it's really denied.. :/ ?

Well, it hasn't been denied. But Obama has promised to veto it if it passes in parliament.
This is not all about the bill. This is mostly politics. By publicly shutting down SOPA, Obama believes he can get the voters' (especially the web lovers') attention.
(01-19-2012, 04:56 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]This is not all about the bill. This is mostly politics. By publicly shutting down SOPA, Obama believes he can get the voters' (especially the web lovers') attention.

If it stops SOPA, he's got my vote!
Pages: 1 2 3 4