Support Forums

Full Version: Is video gaming childish or a bad habbit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So i was recently watching a documentary on how certain video games actually have the ability to change a person. It went very in depth on how games can change a persons personality, make them less social, and even make them more irritable. It got me thinking about a lot of things though. People who play video games are often looked at as childish for doing so. It can also be argued as a means of stress release and relaxation. I myself think the answer is moderation and control to, not only how much you play the video game, but how much of an effect it has on you.

So my question is, do you think video games can be harmful or childish? And have they effected you in any major negative or positive way?

I play a lot, but i'm also very social. It mostly effects me only positively because it is a huge stress reviler.

I do play with moderation, so that I do have a social life.
To be quite honest, I think it has changed me as a person, some in good ways and some not so. I'm still as social as I used to be but allot more irritable, and I just bitch about shizzle that I wouldn't usually. But hey, I love games and I'm not looking forwarding to stopping. ^_^
I think it's just a bad habit. It has changed me a bit to be a little bit more of a lazy person.
Video games have just given me a way to keep in contact with friends that live farther away more. Gaming has brought me a lot of memories.
playing games is not a bad habit.
I don't think it's childish or a bad habit. It can be addicting to some, but to others it's a really nice downtime hobby.
If you weigh 500 pounds and cry over losing virtual items, then yes, it is a bad habit.
I rarely play any video games but i think it's okay that people does.
I think it is a good habit it gives the user something to do and may cheer up someone that is sad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5