Support Forums

Full Version: iTunes Setup Error (PLEASE HELP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OH MY GOD! I am going to cry I cant even think straight on how to fix it I'm so frustrated. I have tried everything and a half trying to fix this. I have not been on this site in a long time and forgot my other account information so sorry if there are rules to posting I couldn't read if i tried anyway. Ok so I tried to update iTunes to 10.5 because I got the new iPhone so I wanted to back it up and get music. I got an error and I was like ok I will just delete it and reinstall, so I uninstall it and go to reinstall it got the same error. So I type the error in Google to see if anyone else has this problem and I was told I might have the program already on my computer. So I go threw ever little thing i could find that involved iTunes including Quicktime. I try yet again to install it. It ends in a FAIL. So after about 2 weeks of sitting here thinking I need a new computer I remembered this amazing site and thought before I invest in a new laptop. IF YOU CAN SOLVE MY PROBLEM I WILL LOVE YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

The Error: a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\applesoftwareupdate.msi

Additional Information: 32-bit Operating System, 2.00GB Ram, Windows Vista, Inspiron 1721, and it has had work put into it such as a new hard drive, fan, CD drive, and outside housing.
What zombot said should work for you Smile