Support Forums

Full Version: Some good Anti viruses.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Avast!: Simple, fast, functional, and the home edition is FREE!

AVG: Free home edition but a little more heavy than avast.

NOD32: Amazing, but pricey.

MalwareBytes: Not an AV but it's still an over all great program to use to fix up some stuff. It can stop malware processes, etc.

If you want me to add some more, go ahead and tell me.

LINKS:

Avast! Home Edition
AVG Free Edition
Avira Free Edition
BitDefender Free Edition
PCTools AntiVirus
Rising Antivirus
Avast and NOD32 ftw.
Agreed. I know this isn't anti-virus. But you might also want to add in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as I find it a really small and effective program. I also am using Bitdefender and find it a pretty good software.
(10-03-2009, 09:32 PM)Keyreaper Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. I know this isn't anti-virus. But you might also want to add in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as I find it a really small and effective program. I also am using Bitdefender and find it a pretty good software.

Ok, I added MalwareBytes. thanks for the recommendation :3.
I use Avast! Pro Edition and I keep MalwareBytes ready so I can scan files with both. As far as the AV part goes Avast! seems to be working well for me.
I have used many anti virus programs in my past. ill explain a few.

Mcafee- This antivirus i found to be well build, easy interface good system, but was vulnerable to virus's. "4 years ago"
Kaspersky - very heavily protection security system, But uses a lot of the systems processes.
Norton - Use to be my favorite since they updated and once they updated it just screwed it all up.
Avast - Simple interface very easy to use and change settings on. Great anti virus, one of my favorites.
Nod32 - by far my favorite. Not had a single virus nor pc problem since i have used it. very good.
@ mon3y; I used Mcafee before I got Avast!. Actually the reason I got Avast! is because my Mcafee was deleted with everything else when I formatted my hard drive because of the virus that it failed to "anti". Glare
(10-04-2009, 08:57 AM)The Defender Wrote: [ -> ]@ mon3y; I used Mcafee before I got Avast!. Actually the reason I got Avast! is because my Mcafee was deleted with everything else when I formatted my hard drive because of the virus that it failed to "anti". Glare

yes so maybe mcafee is just failing in general but that was a good while ago they could have fixed all the current vulnerabilities.
Yeah and another annoying thing about them is that you can't create an exceptions folder. It will automatically delete anything it doesn't like and there is no way to stop it (you can turn if off but then it gives you this constant reminder and what not) and the moment you turn it back on it deletes it anyways.
You can never trust the big corporate ones except Norton. Norton is good for servers, though, and that's about it.
Pages: 1 2 3