Support Forums

Full Version: P90X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if this is a good program and HAS COMPLETED it? I can google and read too, so if you don't know anyone don't say you know because you watched the commercial.. not to sound rude.

It's a good program for weight loss, to build muscle a proper gym routine will always provide better gains.
You think it'd be good to get a start on muscle? I'm tiny right now (like 5 7-9 somewhere) but i have little to no muscle, and I don't think pushups every day are going to cut it. I want to get a weight set though.
(05-24-2011, 08:11 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]You think it'd be good to get a start on muscle? I'm tiny right now (like 5 7-9 somewhere) but i have little to no muscle, and I don't think pushups every day are going to cut it. I want to get a weight set though.

P90X is perfect. My neighbour copied me 5 CDs that I am currently browsing through. I will get started this week.

It is such easy work outs! But you have to be faithful and do them often.
(05-24-2011, 08:11 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]You think it'd be good to get a start on muscle? I'm tiny right now (like 5 7-9 somewhere) but i have little to no muscle, and I don't think pushups every day are going to cut it. I want to get a weight set though.

If you're starting from nothing you may gain a little muscle mass, generally people think P90X makes you bigger due to their bodyfat being lowered, thus making what little muscle they have more visible.

It's most definitely better than nothing though.
P90X has routines for whatever you're trying to do.

You want to lose weight do Lean.
You want to lose weight AND get cut do Classic.
You want to bulk up and build muscle do Doubles.

If you're already cut and at a good weight I still suggest you do Classic before heading on to Doubles. Doing Classic would get your body accustomed to the work load P90X offers.

The workouts are NOT easy. I don't care how fit you are they will burn you out. Even the people in the videos get burnt at times. Just go at your own pace and don't worry if the people in the video get ahead of you sometimes. That's what the pause button is for Big Grin

Have fun man! Bring it!
It's great way to loose weight but u won't gain big muscle mass by doing it.Gym is for that.
Its a great program. One of my friends got into the best shape of their lives. Took a while but it was worth it they said.
You need to really stay dedicated if you want to do this program. My cousian used this routine and it really helped him. Like others have said though its mostly for losing weight and becoming lean. This program wont bulk you up. Going to an actual gym will give you the bulk up muscles but this program will get you fit in shape.
I'm not sure if my two cents are worth anything, but I use to do this when I had time to workout. The workouts are killer on your body, if you don't have a nutrition plan there isn't any point of starting it. You need to eat so much more than you regularly do. I noticed there are three types of patterns you can go in for the P90X workouts. You can google them for information. I used it for about 3 months and found tremndous results. And now all I do for working out is about 30 pull ups a day. (Not at once, spread out throughout the day in increments of 7.)

So yes its a very good workout plan, but get ready to give it all you've got.
Pages: 1 2