Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB Help ( Moving Data To Another Part of server )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I Am using mybb 1.4 and i have all the data in a foldeer on the site already setup and all. But i was wondering if i moved all the files from there to the main root directory, would it mess things up? or would it be good.
I don't really understand what you are asking. Confused

Can you please be a little more clear and specific to what you want and maybe I could help?

-Trinity Blackhat
It's really easy to do. Just go into your Admin CP > Configuration > General Configuration. You will see board URL. For you it should be something like yoursite.com/folder.

Just delete the /folder. Login to your FTP and move all the files to the root directory. I just did this with a forum I have set up that I haven't really started doing anything with yet and it worked just fine.

Also, there is now a MyBB child board for MyBB questions.
Thanks Man!!!
wait whoah so once i do that i just delete the folder in the main dir and its all good...i hope ur right dude lol
ok so i did what u said but everytime i click something in adminCP it asks me to login AGAIN! wtf is up with that
i totally meessed this up. i cant change it back to the old setting.... HELP!!!!
ok i reverted the setting but i still want it to work the other way. help me lol
I have to run into work in a few hours, I will be back about 6-7pm GMT at the latest, I'll help you out then if no one else has gotten to it. It should have worked. You'll have to click the admin CP after you do that and log in again through the new settings because your admin link has changed so the one you were originally logged in is no longer valid.

Make sure your cookie domain is set to yoursite.com.

Log in again if that's what it was asking you to do. It is because the admin CP link has changed. Don't fret. I did it in about 30 seconds after I read your OP and then responded.
You just upload it and change the setting in admincp for forum url and cookie path under General Configuration.

If you install the new site and can't login you may need to first manually edit the inc/settings.php file with the proper cookie setting and forum url. After you do it manually go into admincp and make the changes again and save it. Otherwise it will break next time you do anything in settings or activate a plugin which resets them.
Lol that's what I thought, I went through and tried it just to make sure on a testing forum I have set up and it worked just fine.

Not sure what the guy did wrong though.
alright thanks guys.
When changing directories, or URLs in general, you should always change the Board URL and cookie settings first in the ACP.
And back everything up!!!!
Pages: 1 2