Support Forums

Full Version: Chances of overheating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a ASUS notebook with Intel Dual Core processor. I need to run a program that loads the proc at ~80% and I need to run it all night. So is there a danger of overheating? I know there is some protection in the BIOS that shuts it down if it reaches a certain temperature but can I rely on this?
Never overclock a notebook. Do you have any kind of outside cooling? I wouldn't do this. It's risky.
Yes you can rely on it. The internal BIOS is quite good at doing this. As the temperature will slowly rise. You should be fine.
I wouldn't suggest it. UNLESS you have some alternate cooling that is cooling from the outside.
You should be fine. Though, as a precaution try pointing a fan at the intake fans of the laptop. Also, try using it on a desk, rather than on top of cloth or surface that creates heat easily.
(03-26-2011, 04:01 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]You should be fine. Though, as a precaution try pointing a fan at the intake fans of the laptop. Also, try using it on a desk, rather than on top of cloth or surface that creates heat easily.

I would even try to raise it on 4 posts of some kind just to get an airflow underneath the system. Netbooks aren't designed for heat dissipating very well, so I would say this would be pretty risky.

Do you not have a desktop computer that you can use instead for this program? Assuming there's a sufficient powerful cooling fan in the back for a good airflow to cool down the computer.
If you are going to do this, don't close your lid either. A lot of heat is dispersed from your keyboard.
I wouldn't consider it because it can put your computer at risk, if thats a problem you may want to get a better cooling device. Another solution is to keep your computer running in a cooler enviorment and maybe have a fan at it all night, that could only help!
use a cooling pad for better temps.
I have been thinking about it. Don't do it, your crap is going to blow up.
Pages: 1 2