Support Forums

Full Version: First Character Trial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Image:<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->Outline:
[Image: teddy.png] [Image: outline.png]

Let me know what you think, I also tried adding shadows and everything to make it more 3D than 2D. It wasn't going to be an aspect of the image until I added his environment/background. After I added the gradients and the floor, I decided to see what it would look like with perspective from shadows.

Originally after I had finished coloring him in and everything he looked pretty plain, so this is the final updated version so far.
Damn! You made this using just Photoshop? You sure have talents Infinity. This is my fail attempt:

Very good work, I just dislike the proportion of his body. It makes him look overweight, but maybe that was your goal. Very good for a first.
Looks pretty decent mate! Nice to see you trying lots of different stuff!
A bit random but what text did you use for the text?

I actually like it but I think the ears and claws need worked on.
Also the nose hasn't got smooth edges.
(03-13-2011, 01:29 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Damn! You made this using just Photoshop? You sure have talents Infinity. This is my fail attempt:

Very good work, I just dislike the proportion of his body. It makes him look overweight, but maybe that was your goal. Very good for a first.

Thanks Smile If you'd like to give something a shot, here's the very basic outlines that I started with.

[Image: outline.png]
(03-13-2011, 01:39 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]A bit random but what text did you use for the text?

Hows it random? Lol.
(03-13-2011, 01:39 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]A bit random but what text did you use for the text?

The text is called "Wickhop Handwriting"

What's wrong with the ears?
I actually dislike the font.

You should model this character in 3D. It could look really nice.
(03-13-2011, 01:59 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Hows it random? Lol.
Not the image I meant the question for what text it is.. Tongue

(03-13-2011, 02:04 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]The text is called "Wickhop Handwriting"

What's wrong with the ears?
Well they're different shapes and I just prefer rounded edges.
Maybe it's just my preference.
(03-13-2011, 02:47 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Well they're different shapes and I just prefer rounded edges.
Maybe it's just my preference.

Making it too symmetrical would look boring, for real bears that's the usual shape as well, I tried to make it seem halfway between reality and cartoon. The text is just there as a extra added "trademark" because I got bored of seeing nothing around it lol. I need to figure out somewhere to use this character then i'll add in another showcase for it.

Pages: 1 2 3