Support Forums

Full Version: Chatnack.com - A new social networking site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 23475.jpeg]

Chatnack (or CN) is a social networking site I've been working on since September.

Basically, on this website there will be chatnack "Sections" like the app area, Music section, Video section, etc.
There will also be all the features of regular social networking sites, etc.

I'll be posting a few screen shots of everything later

anyway, here's the link:
www.chatnack.com
Is it yet open, or still in "Alpha" stages? And what's this about being hacked?
It looks very very basic, and if you're running a social networking site, I hardly doubt you could compete with myspace and facebook, and a couple others, since social networking is the current trend of society, and they have been in the game longer than you have. The visual on your site is too simple, and about your site being hacked.

... Since social networking sites are a database for personal information, the fact that your site already got hacked proves that the security of your site is very low, and my information probably wouldn't be as secure as I would like it to be.

If you are serious about making a site like this, then i'd suggest starting with those basics
Sorry to hear that you were hacked. You should take the notice down, since it doesn't inspire confidence in your site. Good luck with relaunching.
Yeah, I'm looking into getting paid hosting for the site with some security features, etc.

To Infinity:

There are a few things different about this site, like sections, etc. that will be more of a personal tool to use.

Also, as I've already mentioned, I'll probably get actual good hosting instead of what I have right now (on one of the worst servers aswell.)

And most of the time, simple is good. Although I do agree, it is a little to simple.

And thanks, eve.
Nothing works on the site??

Theres no buttons, no login, no content, etc...

Very hard to review a website with nothing on it.
Well, because it is still in development.

I'm actually looking for a good coder to help me with something, Just something basic that I've spent hours on but can't fix.
(02-10-2011, 04:09 PM)Skillet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually looking for a good coder to help me with something, Just something basic that I've spent hours on but can't fix.

Have you seen the film, "The Social Network"? This reminds me of the Winklevoss twins, before they got Zuckerberged.
(02-10-2011, 10:26 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Have you seen the film, "The Social Network"? This reminds me of the Winklevoss twins, before they got Zuckerberged.

What? :S That sounded completely random to me, but i've also never seen the movie before.
(02-10-2011, 10:36 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]What? :S That sounded completely random to me, but i've also never seen the movie before.

The Winklevoss twins came up with the concept for Facebook and asked Mark Zuckerberg to help them develop the site. Zuckerberg cut them out of the process.
Pages: 1 2