Support Forums

Full Version: Left 4 Dead 2: Crashes during load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got done after 14 hours of trying to download and install Left 4 Dead 2, and when I get past the "Powered by Source" or whatever, it shuts down the game, no warning, no error. I'm validating the files in case of corruption (paused 10 or so times during the download), hopefully that's the problem. But I thought it would run if this machine can handle CS:S fine.
[Image: 58f8656f85452e8969bac9d6412bf0ad.png]

Weird, isn't the game 10GB?
Spec's of computer?
Had some problems like this before.
Verify if file are corrupted, and if nothing work, delete and do a fresh install.
Did you stop or pause the downloading during the download? Or left your steam accout before continuing to download later? Cause steam is sometime really messed up, happenned to me once.
I kept playing CnC in the middle of it without knowing it suspended it. I spent 16 hours waiting for this too.
(01-03-2011, 09:36 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]I kept playing CnC in the middle of it without knowing it suspended it. I spent 16 hours waiting for this too.

So when playing CnC it suspended your download?
Might be that. I remember when I downloaded Killing Floor and stopped the download for some reason I cant remember (I think it was low speed), and started it back after to see if it fixed the problem, a good gigabyte was gone. But without that gigabyte, can't play the game. Uninstalled it, Downloaded it again, and waited. After that, all was working. You should try that, even if im not sure if thats the problem. Your game might also not be updated. That happen a lot.
(01-03-2011, 08:58 AM)Violence Wrote: [ -> ]Spec's of computer?

[Image: ss20110103104540.png]

Terrible.
(01-03-2011, 09:46 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ss20110103104540.png]

Terrible.

Yes, but I think fast enough to play Left 4 Dead 2, which doesnt require a huge PC to play.
Go on: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
And select: Left 4 Dead 2
And do a scan. They will tell you if your pc is fast enough. If not, it might just be that.
(01-03-2011, 09:50 AM)Ɲymph Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but I think fast enough to play Left 4 Dead 2, which doesnt require a huge PC to play.
Go on: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
And select: Left 4 Dead 2
And do a scan. They will tell you if your pc is fast enough. If not, it might just be that.

Minimum: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI Radeon X800, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
You Have: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

It's only my graphics card. And I'm talking to someone with worse specs that can run it.

ALSO: This happens with Team Fortress 2, somewhat. If I join a game of any sort, like to play, not in general. It'll show the Valve representation with the man. Then it freezes.

[Image: mp_rf_3.gif] Results on TF2.
(01-03-2011, 10:05 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Minimum: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI Radeon X800, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
You Have: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

It's only my graphics card. And I'm talking to someone with worse specs that can run it.

ALSO: This happens with Team Fortress 2, somewhat. If I join a game of any sort, like to play, not in general. It'll show the Valve representation with the man. Then it freezes.

[Image: mp_rf_3.gif] Results on TF2.

Really strange, seriously. Cant really tell.
Did you do the file corrupts check? Whats the result?
If the game wasnt up to date, from doing the scan, it should update it. Happened to me once again for Garry's Mod Pinch
Well it might be because I compressed my main C:/ drive. I'll uncompress right now.
Pages: 1 2