Support Forums

Full Version: [SF Reviews] Review Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: sf.png]

Group Mission
On a per weekly basis we will be providing Support Forums with reviews on programs of all kinds; ranging from IRC Clients, Twitter Clients, Web Browsers, Anti-Viruses and Screencast applications.

We will spend as much time as we can in providing you with an unbiased, rush-free, high quality review that you can use to determine whether or not you would like to buy or download that specific program.

If you are not a member of SF Reviews, please go HERE to signup.

Review Requests
This thread will be used to post review requests that have been requested by the members of Support Forums. As well as a source for SF Reviews' members to find the Review Template.

Request a review

If you aren't a member of SF Reviews and you would like to request a review, please use the following template.

Code:
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Program name:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Information about the program:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Download link:[/color][/b][/i]

Please fill out the above template and PM me with your review request.

Rules
  • You must quote the review request that you wish to review.
  • You must use the review template which can be located below.
  • When you have finished your review, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you are unsure, you may PM me for assistance.
  • You must always put [SF Reviews] PROGRAM NAME HERE as the title.

Review Template

Code:
[align=center][img]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/inkgraphics1/sf.png[/img][/align]

[color=#32CD32][u][b]Program name:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Information about the program:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Compatibility:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Download link:[/b][/u][/color]

[color=#32CD32][u][b]Picture(s) of the program: [/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Features:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Personal opinion:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#32CD32][u][b]Rating out of 10:[/b][/u][/color]

Program name: This is self explanatory.

Information about the program: You may copy and paste a brief description of the program here.

Compatibility: You may copy and paste the compatibilities - e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Download link: Where possible, please link to the official website. If not, a download mirror is appropriate. Please do not link to untrusted websites.

Picture(s) of the program: This is self explanatory.

Features: Please include the features of the program and what they are used for. You may copy and paste the features but you must elaborate on them in your own words.

Personal opinion: Use this part to give your own personal views of the program. Point out what you like about the program, what you don't like and what you would change.

Rating out of 10: Please rate the program out of 10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. As well as a rating out of 10, please also explain why you have given that rating.

Example Review

[Image: sf.png]

Program name: ATF Cleaner

Information about the program: ATF Cleaner, created and published by Atribune.org, is a light-weight program that can be used to rid your computer system of temporary files.

Compatibility: ATF Cleaner is compatible with Windows 98/ME/2K/XP and Vista.

Download link: ATF Cleaner

Picture(s) of the program:

[Image: 4hebmb.jpg]

Features: ATF Cleaner targets the following temporary files: Windows Temp, Current User Temp, All Users Temp, Cookies, Temporary Internet Files, History, Java Cache and Recycle Bin. To make things faster and easier for us, the users, they have a built in feature allowing you to "Select All". ATF Cleaner also cleans temporary files that your Internet Browser has accumulated whilst browsing the Internet. Currently, ATF Cleaner has the ability to remove temporary files for FireFox and Opera. ATF Cleaner is very light-weight; you won't even notice it's there. Cleaning temporary files has never been easier; ATF Cleaner cleans temporary files within seconds and takes very little diskspace on your computer.

Personal opinion: I personally find ATF Cleaner to be a very useful tool. The fact that it is very light-weight and removes temporary files almost instantaneous is a bonus. There are many cleaners out there that offer the same features as ATF Cleaner but none compare to its speed and efficiency. ATF Cleaner takes as little as two clicks to remove any temporary files you have accumulated on your computer and I personally find it to be one of the best out there to date. One of the main things that I really love about ATF Cleaner is that it is available to download for FREE and you don't need to pay a one-time fee or monthly subscription. If Atribune did charge a fee to download ATF Cleaner, I wouldn't hesitate to pay up.

Rating out of 10: I would give ATF Cleaner an overall rating of 8/10, for the simple fact that 10/10 would mean that it is perfect. In my opinion, nothing is perfect as there's always room for improvement.
Is this going to be an official group?
(10-30-2010, 08:26 AM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]Is this going to be an official group?

With any luck, it's accepting applications at the moment.
(10-30-2010, 08:30 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]With any luck, it's accepting applications at the moment.

I know, I got in too Thumbsup

Gonna do irssi later. Don't beat me to it Sam, don't do it.
I've just done mIRC.
(10-30-2010, 08:26 AM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]Is this going to be an official group?

When the group reaches 10 members I will send Omniscient a PM. What he decides to do with the group from then is up to him. I'd like the group to become official but if it doesn't, that won't stop me from pushing the group and providing Support Forums with high quality software reviews.
(10-30-2010, 08:45 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]When the group reaches 10 members I will send Omniscient a PM. What he decides to do with the group from then is up to him. I'd like the group to become official but if it doesn't, that won't stop me from pushing the group and providing Support Forums with high quality software reviews.

Demand for reviews of programs is high, so it will most likely be accepted. Thumbsup
We should do operating systems as well Smile

Since I'm limited to the programs I can use currently, I'd love to test Linux OS's at a wide range on my play laptop.
I have no problem with you reviewing Operating Systems. Feel free to review whatever software you like. If SF Reviews becomes successful then we will move on to reviewing all types of software. For now, programs and Operating Systems will do.
Am I the only person remotely happy this was made?

Request stuff.

Sad
Pages: 1 2