• 10 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
[SF Reviews] Applications Open
[Image: sf.png]

Group Name
  • SF Reviews
Group Image

[Image: sfr2.png]

Group Mission
On a per weekly basis we will be providing Support Forums with reviews on programs of all kinds; ranging from IRC Clients, Twitter Clients, Web Browsers, Anti-Viruses and Screencast applications.

We will spend as much time as we can in providing you with an unbiased, rush-free, high quality review that you can use to determine whether or not you would like to buy or download that specific program.

Membership Requirements
If you'd like to become a member of SF Reviews, please read on for further details. At the moment we are only recruiting 10 members to participate in reviewing.

In order to become a member of SF Reviews, you must meet the following requirements:
  • You must have a minimum of 100 high quality posts.
  • You must have the ability to write detailed and informative reviews.
  • You must have good time management.

If you meet the above requirements, you may now move on to creating your application.

Application
  • Name:
  • What is it about SF Reviews that interests you?
  • Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews?
  • What type of software are you interested in the most?

Code:
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Name:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Age:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]What is it about SF Reviews that interests you?[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews?[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]What type of software are you interested in the most?[/color][/b][/i]

Members

Leader
Members
How will we decide which program(s) to review?
This is where you come in handy. We are open to suggestions for which program(s) we should review. If you have a specific program that you would like reviewed, please use the following template below to request.

Code:
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Program name:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Information about the program:[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#32CD32]Download link:[/color][/b][/i]

Please fill out the above template and PM me with your review request. Once you have PMed me with your review request, I will then post in THIS thread requesting your review.

Rules and Guidelines
  • When requesting a review, you must PM me using the above template.
  • The program that you ask us to review must be 100% legitimate and FREE. I will not go against Support Forums' Rules and Regulations. This is your first and last warning.
  • You must not spam me with review requests. I will only take one review request per person, per week.
  • We will aim to post reviews as soon as possible; reviewing is not a process we wish to rush.
  • Depending on the nature of the program that we are reviewing, they will each be posted in their respected forums.
  • If we don't recieve any review requests, we will take it upon ourselves to choose an appropriate program to review.

Threads of Importance

Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.
Please put [SF Reviews - Question] as the subject.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Name: Sam
What is it about SF Reviews that interests you? I think this group has got great potential, building up an idex of reviewed programs can really compliment the idea of Support Forums.
Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews? I can structure and communicate in posts effectively. I am very dedicated to SF in everything I do and this will be no exception.
What type of software are you interested in the most? I'd say I'm most interest in software, that steps up the using of your computer, for example how web browsers have advanced to make everything you need within like two clicks. I am also quite interested in security tools, I find security programs like encryption devices and administration tools intriguing, sort of networking.
(10-30-2010, 07:47 AM)Sam Wrote: Name: Sam
What is it about SF Reviews that interests you? I think this group has got great potential, building up an idex of reviewed programs can really compliment the idea of Support Forums.
Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews? I can structure and communicate in posts effectively. I am very dedicated to SF in everything I do and this will be no exception.
What type of software are you interested in the most? I'd say I'm most interest in software, that steps up the using of your computer, for example how web browsers have advanced to make everything you need within like two clicks. I am also quite interested in security tools, I find security programs like encryption devices and administration tools intriguing, sort of networking.

I wouldn't dream of turning your application down; you'll be a benefit to the group. You're accepted.

Name: Brian

What is it about SF Reviews that interests you? I love testing programs either to see if they actually function, or to see how good they work, and I love reporting this to people before they waste their time or possibly money on it.

Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews? You should recruit me because I am a very active member here, for one. This means that I will always (still) be active, and willing to take requests for reviews. I can review basically anything because the work will be done on a VM, not too worried about losing data on it if something goes wrong. I am able to form constructed replies that are easy to understand.

What type of software are you interested in the most? Anything really, except .NET applications. I can do them sometimes, but I've never liked the .NET Framework. I would be willing to be assigned things and requested more than finding them on my own.
(10-30-2010, 08:23 AM)Reality Wrote: Name: Brian

What is it about SF Reviews that interests you? I love testing programs either to see if they actually function, or to see how good they work, and I love reporting this to people before they waste their time or possibly money on it.

Why should we recruit you and what can you bring to SF Reviews? You should recruit me because I am a very active member here, for one. This means that I will always (still) be active, and willing to take requests for reviews. I can review basically anything because the work will be done on a VM, not too worried about losing data on it if something goes wrong. I am able to form constructed replies that are easy to understand.

What type of software are you interested in the most? Anything really, except .NET applications. I can do them sometimes, but I've never liked the .NET Framework. I would be willing to be assigned things and requested more than finding them on my own.

You will also make a fine addition to the team. You're accepted.

Thank you Big Grin

I'll do a review on IRSSI later if you do not beat me Smile
Worthwhile group, hope it gets accepted when you reach 10 members.
I would apply but I would barely post any reviews so there is no point, university work takes up all my time.
I wish you the best with the group. Big Grin It has my support.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(10-30-2010, 09:17 AM)Untouch Wrote: Worthwhile group, hope it gets accepted when you reach 10 members.
I would apply but I would barely post any reviews so there is no point, university work takes up all my time.
I wish you the best with the group. Big Grin It has my support.

Thank you for your approval of the group. It's a shame you won't have time to dedicate to the group; you would have made a great member. If in the near future you acquire more free time, we will happily take you onboard.

Good idea for a group. I'd post an application but I dont meet the requirements. Tongue
Nearly four years and don't regret a single day.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to meet the requirements before we meet the required amount of members. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the group as of yet; let's hope that changes in the next week or so. I have a feeling the post requirement that I have set might be too high; I'll probably lower it to at least 100 if the lack of interest continues.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Read] Group Information for Applications Omniscient 74 36,542 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,743 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  ☆☆☆ proDesign - Accepting Applications ☆☆☆ itylernallen 20 4,329 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity