Support Forums

Full Version: Please help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so im brand new to photoshop. I have made my render and found a stock i would like to use but i cant figure out how to add the render to the stock. Please help.

Thanks in advance
open up both the files in 2 photoshop documents, that means they should appear in 2 tabs at the top above the graphics editing window. Then go to the project that has the render, select the mouse tool so that you can drag it (the layer of the render with the transparent background) and drag it over the tab at the top that contains your stock image. Photoshop will automatically take you over to the other document with your stock by your mouse hovering over that document's tab at the top and then you can place it anywhere inside the editing window with your stock.
Thank you for your reply however when i do this the tabs just switch places!
Click render with mouse move tool
Drag to tab document with stock
While still holding down left mouse button, drag image down to your stock

What do you mean the tabs switch places. Drag the image to the other document, which should be classified as a tab at the top above the editor window. Once photoshop directs you to the other document with your render, don't let go of the mouse, and move your mouse down to the stock image to place it over top.
WOOHOOO got it.. Thanks alot!
(09-25-2010, 05:32 PM)r0k Wrote: [ -> ]WOOHOOO got it.. Thanks alot!

You're welcome Smile hope you learn some more things through photoshop, it's a great tool.
Yeah im loving it already. Im trying to figure out how to use filters on just a portion of a layer as aposed to using it on the whole thing. Now.
use the marquee. or the square selection tool, once you have a portion selected with the box or whatever shape the selected area is, you can go to filters and use the options in there.
ahhh thanks dude. That should be enough to get me started.. Much appreciated!
When i get 100 posts i owe you some rep.
Im brand new to photoshop i never used it
Pages: 1 2