Support Forums

Full Version: Have you been a forum administrator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
If you have/had your own forum, what have you learned about being a good administrator?
I have been an admin for 4 or 5 years.
Nothing makes me good. I am not a good admin. The word does not imply your good at all.
But what have i learned?
This will be ironic but
DONT LET IT GET PERSONAL EVER!
DONT TAKE IT TO HEART!
MAKE IT FUN!

But ultimately this.

I CANT GET BANNED FROM MY SITES Big Grin
I've learnt lots of things.

First of all I learnt how MyBB works, then I learnt how to fix some mistakes in MyBB. I've learnt how to install MyBB plugins which is really easy and also learnt how to install MyBB.

I've learnt that you shouldn't trust anyone and make everyone else admin, because there are some evil people which will pwn you a few minutes after.
Well I Was Admin On www.wemodthecod.com a xbox modding site and im moderator on hackmeout.net

wemodthecod.com got hacked
No, at the moment, I have no experience whatsoever; but I'm looking to start a MyBB forum just to try to get the hang of things and have a little experience.

Any tips? Tongue
(07-28-2010, 09:32 AM)Clay Wrote: [ -> ]No, at the moment, I have no experience whatsoever; but I'm looking to start a MyBB forum just to try to get the hang of things and have a little experience.

Any tips? Tongue

Yea. Dont ask for another warning from staff at mybb.com Smile You will regret it.
But on a serious not i think you should just have a play with it. MyBB is really easy to use and quite powerful at the same time.
Get a membership at http://www.mybbcentral.com/ thats a no brainer. Then yea just have fun.
I learned that I actually have quite a bit of potential to make a forum good and successful. I also now know how to customize themes in MyBB, as well as you should always listen to your members.
I have learned you have to be professional from the start. You have to be fair when it comes to dealing with the members. You have to be committed to your forum, and consistent with updates and changes.
I was admin on a few sites including some of my own.
I found that you can't trust nice people right off the bat because they might ruin you.
I also found that you DO have to keep advertising and making updates to run a successful forum.
Also, to be a good administrator, you can't say yes to everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7