Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaking 5th graders out
I think to flip the screen it only work's only Windows XP.
Green Text on a black background always freaks people out somehow.

The other day, one of my servers crashed while I was at school (noticed as I needed some files off it) so quickly fired up putty to my hosts remote management console to reboot it, simple enough. If it was a normal window everything would be fine, but because it was Green on Black I'm suddenly "hacking the school network"
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
Here is a really good one press Left Shift + Left Alt + Print screen (you may need to press the Fn key on laptops to get print screen to work).
That one probably almost works better on adults....

Try it and see! Tongue
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(10-26-2009, 09:28 AM)Jamza Wrote: Green Text on a black background always freaks people out somehow.

The other day, one of my servers crashed while I was at school (noticed as I needed some files off it) so quickly fired up putty to my hosts remote management console to reboot it, simple enough. If it was a normal window everything would be fine, but because it was Green on Black I'm suddenly "hacking the school network"

Try programming, you get weird looks from everyone and the odd 'LOL UR HACKING' comment
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-25-2009, 08:57 AM)Alpha Wrote: Recently I was in my little brothers 5th grade computer lab because I got out of school early, and there were a lot of idiotic children, so I decided to mess around with them. I went up to one of their computers while he wasnt looking and he had IE open and clicked F11 (Full screen) and he freaked out and was saying crap like "INTERNET EXPLORER WONT CLOSE" and stuff... it was funny. Then I fixed it all and clicked F11 again.

cool story bro!

(10-25-2009, 02:53 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Why do you think it's cool to fool around with 5th graders? Are you in 6th grade?

I think he is a bit young, don't most schools have the whole K-6 Elementary, 7-8 Middle, 9-12 High? I think some schools mix it up but either way..

I wondered the same thing, as for your first sentence. BUT, didn't you enjoy messing around with 5th graders when you were in 6th grade?

Every preteen/teenager needs a little ego boost every once in awhile i've noticed.

(10-26-2009, 02:18 PM)Tim Wrote: Here is a really good one press Left Shift + Left Alt + Print screen (you may need to press the Fn key on laptops to get print screen to work).

Try it and see! Tongue

Omg this is awesome. If I could make just my startbar high contrast, I would.. I use Quick Launch to open all of my apps and having them all hooge and stuff is pretty cool..

But, bad part is you can''t just walk up to someone and do it because a dialog shows up to confirm the change. But yeah, nice lit'l trick; thanks Smile
[Image: heretician.png]

AIM - c90tre
MSN - onealns@email.uc.edu
(10-26-2009, 05:41 PM)heretician Wrote:
(10-26-2009, 02:18 PM)Tim Wrote: Here is a really good one press Left Shift + Left Alt + Print screen (you may need to press the Fn key on laptops to get print screen to work).

Try it and see! Tongue
But, bad part is you can''t just walk up to someone and do it because a dialog shows up to confirm the change.

I am pretty sure you can go up to their computer before hand and set it to not show the confirmation again.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Actualy, Omni, I was feeling quite down and picking on 5th graders makes me feel good.
(10-27-2009, 06:11 AM)Alpha Wrote: Actualy, Omni, I was feeling quite down and picking on 5th graders makes me feel good.

luser
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies