Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That One Forum (Running MyBB)
MrMedic, I agree with you there 100%.
While making your forum look unique, make it eye catching and attractive, not just change a few colors.
~ FFW
Yeah. It's like giving a bog-standard car a lick of paint then selling it as a Ferrari.

No one's gonna buy it. You need to go the whole hog to rake in the visitors.

But the community seems friendly enough. Not too shabby.
The community is pretty friendly, but if you don't watch out it'll become a spam community instead.

You'll start getting responses on topics like:
yeah thats cool
or
I have it too.

Tongue
~ FFW
Dr Small Wrote:I totally agree with MrMedic. There are so many different forums out there, all based on a general topic, that it makes it dull and boring and a spam palace. Your forum needs to be about a special thing, or what your favorite thing is that others find intrest in also ;)

Like mine, Internet Security Forums, aparently most people don't find intrest in that subjuct Tongue

MrMedic Wrote:That's my $0.02.  Good luck,
Shouldn't that be like, "That's my 2¢ worth" ? Tongue

PS, I had to do a google search of how to find the cents symbol =P

Dr Small

Dr Small, I looked at your forum, and quicksilver, the third member, is already an admin, and made no posts. Mr. Medic said that you should only pick staff when I (you/whoever) can't handle the forum by my (your) self. Just curious as to why that is.

Firefox, as to the spam part, my newest global moderator and I are working on it. Thanks for the advice though. It's greatly appriciated.

My forum, That One Forum has grown very rapidly over the past 14 days, with 24 members. Some forums where you can talk about anything don't grow. My forum seems to have grown however, although it's to early to tell.

blh765
Ah, but this could be a significant peer of Dr Small, such as a friend. So thats ok.
blh765 Wrote:Dr Small, I looked at your forum, and quicksilver, the third member, is already an admin, and made no posts. Mr. Medic said that you should only pick staff when I (you/whoever) can't handle the forum by my (your) self. Just curious as to why that is.

Yes, I do know that my third member (QuickSilver) is an admin with no posts, but yet I also understand that my forum is currently not active because of:
1) I have hardly ever advertised.
2) It is probably about a topic that most do not talk about, and
3) refer back to number 1.

As Mike stated, QuickSilver and me are good pals, and he wanted to see how and what a MyBB Forum looked like from the Admin's point of view, mainly because he has never tried it and he uses SMF, so me, being the kind person I was, gave him +q (in a sense Tongue) without him asking ;)

But my forum is very unpopular, and I really don't care what happens to it, while it is at it's present state, so that basically is why I just went ahead and made him an Admin.

Dr Small
You might want to implement the Advertising section later in time though, when you get a good bunch of members that post a lot. Smile I wouldn't do away with it fully yet.
~ FFW
Ye if you put the advertising section in now then that's all they do is advertise. And advertising is like a commercial. Once they come they never stop coming!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This site still running? Notorious Mental 12 1,910 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Omniscient